Tukwila Educators Strike Update
September 4, 2018
The Tukwila Education Association (TEA) is the only teachers union in King County that has yet to reach a tentative agreement. Over several bargaining sessions, the school board has resisted offering these educators the raises that their colleagues in neighboring districts have won.
Because of this, TEA is going on strike starting Wednesday, September 4. They will be picketing outside Foster High School (4242 S 144th St, Tukwila, WA 98168) from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
These educators need our support! If you have the ability, please join us on the picket line.
Please wear your union colors and post selfies on social media. You can RSVP to the picket line on the facebook event here.
You can also email the school board and superintendent and tell them to give Tukwila educators the respect they deserve.
- Interim Superintendent Jo Anne Fabian – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tracy Russell – email@example.com
- Reverend Jan Bolerjack – firstname.lastname@example.org
- William Gillispie – email@example.com
- Edna Morris – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dave Larson – email@example.com
We will keep you updated as the situation develops.