This position monitors activities at the Tiny House Village and maintains a safe environment for all the residents. This position also provides emergency coverage as needed and works closely with other Organizers, the on-site Case Manager and the Village Operations Manager
· Foster a safe, clean and peaceful environment in the Tiny House Village.
· Assist clients/participants in completing move-in and move-out paperwork. Monitor individuals entering and exiting the village. Maintain logs and complete incident reports.
· Provide outreach and info to neighborhood residents. Handle donations.
· Provide an on-site presence in the village, provide assistance to the villagers, enforce rules and guest policy.
· Monitor activities, safety, security and cleanliness in the village. Serve on team providing 24/7 staffing. Monitoring the people as they enter and exit the site. The purpose is to assist with deterring theft, violence, vandalism, illegal activities or infractions of rules and code of conduct.
· Perform light-maintenance and janitorial of common areas, entry, kitchen, community space, bathrooms, grounds and the perimeter of the village.
· Assist in setting up village meetings and assign daily and weekly duties to be performed by villagers.
· Prepare vacant units including light maintenance, cleaning, and coordinating with vendors in a timely manner. Maintain inventory of basic supplies and order supplies.
· Respond to villagers’ concerns and questions.
· Provide info and feedback to Case Manager and Village Operations Manager on on-going operations and the welfare of villagers.
· Respond to emergencies, being on-call with cell phone and performing grounds checks. Call 911 in case of emergencies such as fire or injuries. Alert LIHI staff and management of incidents, safety concerns and other related issues.
· Be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
· Other duties as assigned.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) has a 30-year history and track record of owning and managing low-income housing; developing innovative solutions to homelessness; advocating for housing justice; providing supportive services; and operating hygiene services for homeless people at our Urban Rest Stops. LIHI staff have developed over 4,500 affordable housing units and manages over 2,500 units including rental housing, permanent supportive housing and transitional housing. The populations served include: families, singles, seniors, veterans, young adults, immigrants, low wage workers, and people living with physical and mental disabilities. LIHI is one of the largest nonprofit housing organizations in the state. Our properties are located in Seattle, King County, and five adjacent counties. LIHI is a national leader in sponsoring tiny house villages as a crisis solution to homelessness. Annually, the tiny house villages and shelters serve 1,000 homeless people and our hygiene programs serve over 8,000 homeless people. LIHI is a BIPOC organization committed to anti-displacement, equitable development, and social racial justice. LIHI staff is collaborative, dynamic, and dedicated to taking bold steps in ending homelessness and creating supportive communities for people to thrive.
OPEIU Local 8 is a progressive, democratically run union working for social and economic justice since 1945. Local 8 represents more than 6,000 members all over Washington state working in many settings including offices, health and home care, housing, social services, the insurance industry, legal services and the public sector.
Please login to continue. Don't have a Union Jobs account? Create one using the Register tab.
Register for a Union Jobs account to get access to full job postings in our site.
Receive email alerts when new jobs you’re interested in are posted. Enter some search keywords and don’t forget to confirm you are subscribing to job postings.
What is a keyword? A keyword is a term you use when making a search online. At Union Jobs that may be a job title, industry, workplace, etc. You will only receive email alerts when jobs matching at least one of your keywords are posted. When using multiple keywords be sure to use a comma to separate each term.