As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Seafood Clerk provides friendly, courteous, and helpful service. Cuts, weighs, wraps and packages seafood for sale in the seafood section of a grocery store. Cleans product, weighs, wraps, and places in display area. Logs temperature in freezer and cooler and maintains area in a cleanly condition.
Safeway Seafood Clerk employees are generally responsible for completing the following job duties:
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
2. Speak with customers to resolve problems with sales, dissatisfaction with service or product or other problems related with the operation of the Seafood Department.
3. Handles seafood products of varying weights.
4. Operates electronic scanning scale to record weight of item packaged.
5. Applies price tags to item wrapped.
6. Obtains items from case on special order for customers.
7. Maintains cleanliness of seafood area. Includes wiping up spills, cleaning surfaces and cleaning equipment used in cutting and wrapping.
8. Replaces stock in displays in the seafood area.
9. Answers questions regarding availability, applicability and price of seafood items.
10. Takes and prepares special orders.
11. May order product.
12. Make signs for displays as needed.
13. Other duties as assigned.
M.B. Skagg’s value vision still drives Safeway, though on a dramatically larger scale. Today, Safeway operates as a banner of Albertsons Companies, one of the largest food and drug retailers in the United States. With both a strong local presence and national scale, the company operates stores across 35 states and the District of Columbia under 20 well-known banners. Albertsons Companies is committed to helping people across the country live better lives by making a meaningful difference, neighborhood by neighborhood. In 2017 alone, along with the Albertsons Companies Foundation, the company gave nearly $300 million in food and financial support. These efforts helped millions of people in the areas of hunger relief, education, cancer research and treatment, programs for people with disabilities and veterans outreach.
UFCW 3000 is the largest private-sector union in Washington with over 46,000 members working in grocery store retail health care and other industry jobs. UFCW 21 is a chartered member of UFCW International with over 1.4 million workers in North America. We believe in the promise of America. A promise that our children can lead better lives than ours. A promise that with hard work and standing up for our rights we can make a decent living that includes a good wage health care and retirement.
Please login to continue. Don't have a Union Jobs account? Create one using the Register tab.
Register for a Union Jobs account to get access to full job postings in our site.
Receive email alerts when new jobs you’re interested in are posted. Enter some search keywords and don’t forget to confirm you are subscribing to job postings.
What is a keyword? A keyword is a term you use when making a search online. At Union Jobs that may be a job title, industry, workplace, etc. You will only receive email alerts when jobs matching at least one of your keywords are posted. When using multiple keywords be sure to use a comma to separate each term.