The Lead Cook is responsible for cooking and preparing food using standard recipes and production guidelines while following food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. The individual in this role should safely handle knives and equipment including grills, fryers, ovens, broilers, etc. The Lead Cook may supervise employees and delegate responsibilities. The responsibilities of the position may vary by location based on client requirements and business needs.
• Schedules and assigns daily work activities to staff and supervises the completion of tasks.
• Trains and guides staff on job duties, standard food safety and sanitation procedures, cooking methods, etc.
• Cooks and prepares food following production guidelines and standardized recipes
• Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment
• Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, trimming, and peeling food items
• Safely uses all food utensils including knives
• Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, slicers, mixers, etc.
• Bakes, roasts, broils, steams, and uses a variety of cooking methods on meats, vegetables, and other foods
• Arranges, garnishes, and portions food following established guidelines
• Properly stores food by following food safety policies and procedures
• Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
• Maintains excellent customer service with a positive attitude towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
• Follows Aramark safety policies and procedures including food safety and sanitation
• Ensures security of company assets
• Produces and maintains work schedules and may prepare production records.
UNITE HERE Local 8 represents about 5,000 workers in the hospitality industries of Oregon & Washington State. Local 8 members work in hotels, restaurants, food service, and airport concessions. They include room cleaners, cooks, bartenders, bellmen, food and beverage servers, bussers, and dishwashers. Local 8′s parent union, UNITE HERE, represents hotel, food service, and gaming workers throughout the US and Canada.
Please login to continue. Don't have a Union Jobs account? Create one using the Register tab.
Register for a Union Jobs account to get access to full job postings in our site.
Receive email alerts when new jobs you’re interested in are posted. Enter some search keywords and don’t forget to confirm you are subscribing to job postings.
What is a keyword? A keyword is a term you use when making a search online. At Union Jobs that may be a job title, industry, workplace, etc. You will only receive email alerts when jobs matching at least one of your keywords are posted. When using multiple keywords be sure to use a comma to separate each term.