You're not currently logged in | Login or Create an Account
As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Bakery Clerk provides friendly, courteous, and helpful service. Wraps and prices bakery goods and places goods on counters, tables and in display cases. Assists customers, cleans shelves and display cases, records inventory. Prices wrapped items. Cleans, fills and rotates the self-serve displays and tables. Works with customers to take special orders. Slices bread using an automatic slicer. Works with Baker to determine which items need to be baked.
Safeway Bakery Clerk employees are generally responsible for completing the following job duties:
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
2. Operate shrink wrapper and bread slicer to prepare goods for sale.
3. Maintain cleanliness of bakery area of the store. Includes cleaning display cases, work surfaces, and preparing and straightening up bakery display areas.
4. Replace stock in bakery area as needed.
5. Move trays of bakery goods from preparation area to display area.
6. Monitor bakery area to locate expired or nearly expired bakery goods for markdown or throw away.
7. Use various sales reports to identify sales opportunities. Uses intercom to communicate sale items.
8. Use price labeling machine and place price sticker on packaged item.
9. Other duties as assigned.
M.B. Skagg’s value vision still drives Safeway, though on a dramatically larger scale. Today, Safeway operates as a banner of Albertsons Companies, one of the largest food and drug retailers in the United States. With both a strong local presence and national scale, the company operates stores across 35 states and the District of Columbia under 20 well-known banners. Albertsons Companies is committed to helping people across the country live better lives by making a meaningful difference, neighborhood by neighborhood. In 2017 alone, along with the Albertsons Companies Foundation, the company gave nearly $300 million in food and financial support. These efforts helped millions of people in the areas of hunger relief, education, cancer research and treatment, programs for people with disabilities and veterans outreach.
UFCW 3000 is the largest private-sector union in Washington with over 46,000 members working in grocery store retail health care and other industry jobs. UFCW 21 is a chartered member of UFCW International with over 1.4 million workers in North America. We believe in the promise of America. A promise that our children can lead better lives than ours. A promise that with hard work and standing up for our rights we can make a decent living that includes a good wage health care and retirement.
Please login to continue. Don't have a Union Jobs account? Create one using the Register tab.
Register for a Union Jobs account to get access to full job postings in our site.
Receive email alerts when new jobs you’re interested in are posted. Enter some search keywords and don’t forget to confirm you are subscribing to job postings.
What is a keyword? A keyword is a term you use when making a search online. At Union Jobs that may be a job title, industry, workplace, etc. You will only receive email alerts when jobs matching at least one of your keywords are posted. When using multiple keywords be sure to use a comma to separate each term.