MLK Labor Endorses 7 Candidates for Office
April 25, 2023
A new slate of endorsements adds to the early endorsement of Teresa Mosqueda for King County Council.
At their April meeting, MLK Labor Delegates endorsed seven additional candidates for office across King County.
The newly-endorsed candidates are:
- Girmay Zahilay for King County Council D2
- Claudi Balducci for King County Council D6
- Tammy Morales for Seattle City Council D2
- Dan Strauss for Seattle City Council D6
- Andrew Lewis for Seattle City Council D7
- Kim-Khanh Van for Renton City Council Pos. 7
- Kate Kruller for Tukwila Mayor
These endorsements follow earlier endorsements for Teresa Mosqueda for King County Council District 8 and YES on the Reton Minimum Wage Campaign.
On May 6, MLK Labor will host Candidate Palooza where dozens of candidates for public office will be interviewed by union members and recommendations will be made for the delegates to consider at their May meeting. Candidate Palooza is open to all King County Union members and the media. It will be from 9 am-3:30 pm at LiUNA! Local 242 (22323 Pacific Hwy S, Des Moines, WA 98198).