A Utility Steward is responsible for transporting and cleaning cooking utensils and serviceware in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Steward, you would be responsible for transporting and cleaning cooking utensils and serviceware in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Wash dishes and operate the dishwasher to clean all chinaware, silverware and cooking utensils
- Scrub pots and pans
- Burnish, de-tarnish and polish silver
- Stock and maintain supplies and equipment
- Perform cleaning duties including, but not limited to, mopping and removing trash
- Transport and store clean serviceware
- Train other stewards, as needed
- Prepare and place clean serviceware for events and functions
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus