· Foster a safe, clean and peaceful environment in the Tiny House Village.
· Assist clients/participants in completing move-in and move-out paperwork. Monitor individuals entering and exiting the village. Maintain logs and complete incident reports.
· Provide outreach and info to neighborhood residents. Handle donations.
· Provide an on-site presence in the village, provide assistance to the villagers, enforce rules and guest policy.
· Monitor activities, safety, security and cleanliness in the village. Serve on team providing 24/7 staffing. Monitoring the people as they enter and exit the site. The purpose is to assist with deterring theft, violence, vandalism, illegal activities or infractions of rules and code of conduct.
· Perform light-maintenance and janitorial of common areas, entry, kitchen, community space, bathrooms, grounds and the perimeter of the village.
· Assist in setting up village meetings and assign daily and weekly duties to be performed by villagers.
· Prepare vacant units including light maintenance, cleaning, and coordinating with vendors in a timely manner. Maintain inventory of basic supplies and order supplies.
· Respond to villagers’ concerns and questions.
· Provide info and feedback to Case Manager and Village Operations Manager on on-going operations and the welfare of villagers.
· Respond to emergencies, being on-call with cell phone and performing grounds checks. Call 911 in case of emergencies such as fire or injuries. Alert LIHI staff and management of incidents, safety concerns and other related issues.
· Be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
· Other duties as assigned.
OPEIU Local 8 is a progressive, democratically run union working for social and economic justice since 1945. Local 8 represents more than 6,000 members all over Washington state working in many settings including offices, health and home care, housing, social services, the insurance industry, legal services and the public sector.
Please login to continue. Don't have a Union Jobs account? Create one using the Register tab.
Register for a Union Jobs account to get access to full job postings in our site.
Receive email alerts when new jobs you’re interested in are posted. Enter some search keywords and don’t forget to confirm you are subscribing to job postings.
What is a keyword? A keyword is a term you use when making a search online. At Union Jobs that may be a job title, industry, workplace, etc. You will only receive email alerts when jobs matching at least one of your keywords are posted. When using multiple keywords be sure to use a comma to separate each term.