Job Summary: As a key leader of our Prepared Foods and Cheese Departments (PF&CD), this position is responsible for assisting the Prepared Foods Team Leader with product management, food safety, quality control, merchandising, sales generation, gross margins, labor and general expense control, personnel development, customer service, and profitability within the PF&CD. This position is also responsible for the education of team members and customers in the areas of product selection, recipe ideas, and meal solutions. In partnership with the Prepared Foods Team Leader, provides leadership to PF&CD team members on a department wide basis.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Develops and maintains product displays that create an exciting marketplace; strives to develop displays that pique customer interest and impact customer buying trends. Oversees the merchandising of product and ensures all department merchandising is consistent with company guidelines, expectations, and approved merchandising plans.
· Ensures effective ordering of all products for the PF&CD; maintains product inventory at a level that promotes effective sales merchandising and maximizes sales growth.
· Participates in determining order quantities and verifying cost of goods. Assumes primary responsibility for store-level vendor relations, including in-store daily operations and meetings.
· Assists the Prepared Foods Team Leader with determining product selections; performs category management functions as assigned by the Prepared Foods Team Leader or as needed.
· Works with the Kitchen Manager to ensure ingredients and products are available and on-hand for daily and weekly production.
· Consistently achieves all food preparation guidelines, including full compliance with established recipe program; ensures prepared food consistency and portion control.
· Leads and readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
· Adheres to food temperature requirements, including hot and cold holding specifications. Promptly discards any products that do not meet HACCP and Department of Health standards, or appear less than presentable under Metropolitan Market’s quality expectations.
· Serve Safe Certified.
· Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service customers.
· Leads by example, and provides team members with clear expectations and timely feedback.
· Trains team members and provides performance feedback, coaching and counseling.
· Assists with quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
· Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Prepared Foods Team Leader.
UFCW 3000 is the largest private-sector union in Washington with over 46,000 members working in grocery store retail health care and other industry jobs. UFCW 21 is a chartered member of UFCW International with over 1.4 million workers in North America. We believe in the promise of America. A promise that our children can lead better lives than ours. A promise that with hard work and standing up for our rights we can make a decent living that includes a good wage health care and retirement.
Please login to continue. Don't have a Union Jobs account? Create one using the Register tab.
Register for a Union Jobs account to get access to full job postings in our site.
Receive email alerts when new jobs you’re interested in are posted. Enter some search keywords and don’t forget to confirm you are subscribing to job postings.
What is a keyword? A keyword is a term you use when making a search online. At Union Jobs that may be a job title, industry, workplace, etc. You will only receive email alerts when jobs matching at least one of your keywords are posted. When using multiple keywords be sure to use a comma to separate each term.