This position is responsible for the overall leadership and supervision of staff in the Patient Services Specialist class series and/or other assigned staff. The Operations Supervisor is also responsible for the coordination and monitoring of: staff scheduling systems, payroll and timekeeping systems, educational tracking systems, HR data tracking systems, and other systems that support the Nurse Manager. The Operations Supervisor takes a proactive role in the efficient operations of the unit.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Customer service
• Equipment and facilities management
• Quality assurance and improvement
• Collection and reporting of data.
Job Duties & Performance Standards
• Supervises PSS staff, and other staff as directed, including: Interviews, recommends selection of applicants, conducts training, assigns and schedules work, acts upon leave requests, conducts performance evaluations and recommends disciplinary actions.
• Works collaboratively as a member of the department leadership team, taking a proactive role to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the unit.
• Maintains a current operational knowledge of UWMC payroll policies and procedures, as well as systems to track time and attendance. Provides staff education and support.
• Maintains scheduling software systems, utilizing standardized operating policies and procedures. Under the direction of the NM, and following PCS and unit based scheduling guidelines, may participate in all phases of scheduling of all staff, including vacation approval, initial schedules and management of schedule changes. Generates reports based on scheduling data.
• Maintains HR systems for department staff, including: personnel actions, maintenance of standardized department personnel files, tracking of evaluations, licensure/certification/registration, unit based competencies, etc.
• Maintains educational tracking systems for department based education, including use of time and additional resources.
• Maintains a current knowledge base of UWMC and unit specific information systems. Proactively works to improve programs and systems.
• Coordinates and maintains department systems for management of supplies, equipment and facilities processes, including purchasing and tracking.
• Proactively maintains a safe environment for patients and staff.
• Directs and performs the clerical and technical functions of supervised staff.
SEIU 925 unites 17,000 people in Washington who work in education from early learning through higher education, as well as members who work in local government and nonprofits. We work together to provide quality education for children and students, to ensure that education remains a state priority, and to strengthen our workforce. We provide quality public services to our communities across the state. The mission of SEIU 925 is to win political and economic power for working people to advance the well-being of our members, their families and all working people by developing leaders who are a voice for change in the workplace and solidarity in our communities.
Please login to continue. Don't have a Union Jobs account? Create one using the Register tab.
Register for a Union Jobs account to get access to full job postings in our site.
Receive email alerts when new jobs you’re interested in are posted. Enter some search keywords and don’t forget to confirm you are subscribing to job postings.
What is a keyword? A keyword is a term you use when making a search online. At Union Jobs that may be a job title, industry, workplace, etc. You will only receive email alerts when jobs matching at least one of your keywords are posted. When using multiple keywords be sure to use a comma to separate each term.