The Patient Services Specialist (PSS) demonstrates Patients Are First service excellence standards by independently performing the following support services: intake/reception activities; scheduling appointments; coordinating care with other services; registering patients; providing initial triage; coordinating medical records and lab results; obtaining and verifying registration information/insurance; collecting/processing time-of-service payments; and performing other necessary activities to provide exceptional patient care and to maintain clinic operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Employs excellent customer service skills.
• Ensures smooth patient flow.
• Reviews clinic schedule daily.
• Obtains patient demographic information and insurance information.
• Provides general patient support services.
• Responds to patients’ needs and concerns as appropriate. Investigates complaints and works with manager to find solutions.
• Accepts and processes patient payments.
• Schedules appointments consistent with patient needs and clinic scheduling guidelines.
• Makes referrals as appropriate.
• Answers the telephone in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner and directs calls as appropriate.
• Using clinic guidelines, greets caller by introducing self and gathers information on the telephone re: the nature of the patient concern. Triages calls to appropriate staff; obtains necessary information for the return call; initiates emergency procedures when necessary
• Communicates information on clinic services to patients, referral agencies, providers, and the community.
• Communicates basic information to patients such as insurance, parking, driving directions.
Medical Record Activities:
• Reviews daily schedules to identify required medical records.
• Coordinates and distributes medical records as needed.
• Prepares medical record according to clinic-specific procedures for patient visit.
• Sorts and files daily lab results.
• Scans documents into EPIC
• Initiates fee sheet upon patient arrival to clinic.
• Tracks fee sheet according to clinic guidelines to ensure that all services are billed.
• Audits fee sheets for completeness and accuracy.
• Reviews and corrects fee sheets on a daily basis as necessary according to clinic guidelines.
• Assists in orientating and training new staff.
• Reviews UW and Public Health email daily to stay current with clinic communication.
• Performs other related duties as required.
SEIU 925 unites 17,000 people in Washington who work in education from early learning through higher education, as well as members who work in local government and nonprofits. We work together to provide quality education for children and students, to ensure that education remains a state priority, and to strengthen our workforce. We provide quality public services to our communities across the state. The mission of SEIU 925 is to win political and economic power for working people to advance the well-being of our members, their families and all working people by developing leaders who are a voice for change in the workplace and solidarity in our communities.
Please login to continue. Don't have a Union Jobs account? Create one using the Register tab.
Register for a Union Jobs account to get access to full job postings in our site.
Receive email alerts when new jobs you’re interested in are posted. Enter some search keywords and don’t forget to confirm you are subscribing to job postings.
What is a keyword? A keyword is a term you use when making a search online. At Union Jobs that may be a job title, industry, workplace, etc. You will only receive email alerts when jobs matching at least one of your keywords are posted. When using multiple keywords be sure to use a comma to separate each term.