Meet inbound and outbound flights to provide services with wheelchairs, aisle chairs and to passengers needing special assistance
1. Provide special assistance to passengers as requested.
2. Provide general information and directions to passengers.
3. Meet inbound arrivals as requested to provide special services (courtesy chairs, walk assistance through the terminal).
4. Check equipment thoroughly before use (wheels, locks, seats, back & footrests).
5. Lock wheels when assisting passengers in/out of courtesy chair.
6. Always use both hands when pushing courtesy chairs.
7. Always back chairs down inclines.
8. ALWAYS request assistance from another employee when transferring passenger from one chair to another (if passenger cannot transfer him/herself).
9. NEVER take a courtesy chair up/down a stairway or escalator.
10. Complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
11. Be neat and careful when handling other people's property, especially mobility aids and luggage.
12. Must be familiar with all Government/Client/Airport/Company regulations.
13. Keep supervisor informed of needs and problems in assigned areas, maintain cleanliness of immediate work area and report maintenance needs.
14. Project a positive image and respond to inquiries from airlines, staff and public in a courteous manner.
15. Attend meetings and in-services as required.
16. Utilize appropriate communications channels and maintain records, reports and files as required.
17. Must be attired in proper uniform or business attire as directed by company officials and identification must always be visible.
18. Identification badges must always be visible.
19. Adhere to company policies and procedures and participate in achievement of company objectives.
20. Utilize company and client equipment, supplies and resources in a conscientious, cost effective manner.
21. Perform other duties as requested.
22. Comply with all safety requirements to include only using equipment that you have been trained on, immediately reporting unsafe conditions and workplace injuries, wearing proper PPE, and attending required safety training.
Today SEIU6 Property Services NW represents more than 10,000 janitors, security officers, airport passenger service workers and allied industries workers in Washington state. SEIU6 members are janitors who clean office buildings in King, Pierce, Snohomish, and Spokane counties and security officers in downtown Seattle, Bellevue, and greater King County suburbs. SEIU6 also represents retail workers, stadium workers, and barbers in other private sectors within our region.
Please login to continue. Don't have a Union Jobs account? Create one using the Register tab.
Register for a Union Jobs account to get access to full job postings in our site.
Receive email alerts when new jobs you’re interested in are posted. Enter some search keywords and don’t forget to confirm you are subscribing to job postings.
What is a keyword? A keyword is a term you use when making a search online. At Union Jobs that may be a job title, industry, workplace, etc. You will only receive email alerts when jobs matching at least one of your keywords are posted. When using multiple keywords be sure to use a comma to separate each term.