POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Program Manager and/or Program Supervisor at each program location, the On-Call Youth Counselor for Adolescent Housing Services is responsible for the daily management of the program site. All Housing programs are open 24/7 and per agency licensing requirements, program must maintain safe staff and client ratio to provide services to our clients. Youth Counselor's task is to create a safe and caring environment for high risk youth in residence who are preparing to transition to become more self-sufficient. The position requires an individual who can actively contribute to a positive, stable, responsive, and responsible environment for change.
- Provide on-site supervision, while maintaining professional boundaries in providing crisis intervention to residents. Must be able to apply positive behavior modification techniques and model effective de-escalation and problem-solving skills.
- Provide transportation with agency vehicles and or support for appointments (medical, counseling, legal, airport, etc.) as needed.
- Respond to program leadership for shift openings. Must provide monthly availability for at least three shifts per month.
- Read and Complete daily progress notes, emails, logbook, and any other tracking documentation of provided client services.
- Comply with mandated reporting requirements as outlined in the WACs.
- Act as a professional representative of YouthCare and maintain a professional working environment (office, personal workspace, agency vehicle, etc.).
- Maintains a flexible work schedule (filling shifts on weekends, early and/or late hours) and must be willing to be cross-trained in providing support with shift coverage in On-Call basis for the program and the agency, as required by individual program and agency needs.
- With direction from Manager or Supervisor, help plan for, direct and/or provide support for recreational, educational, and therapeutic activities that are in alignment with service plans and permanency goals.
- Instruct and assist youth in self-care skills/tasks, including personal care and preparing food for meals and snacks in accordance with posted menus. May be required to assist in packing client belongings and cleaning and sanitizing of exited bedrooms.
- Depending on program needs, at designated times, prepare and cook meals for up to 20 clients.
- Attend and fully participate in training sessions as required by program contracts (a minimum of 24 hours is required per year for Pathways, Hope Center, and Adolescent Shelter. A minimum of 40 hours per year is required for Casa)
- Oversee the safety and cleanliness of the facility, including the restrooms, laundry room, the community room, and adjoining deck. Perform light janitorial work, including vacuuming carpets; taking out trash; sweeping/mopping floors; and similar tasks. Compile maintenance requests and submit to Program Manager or Program Supervisor as needed.
- May need to dispense medication, and complete related documentation. May need to perform weekly medical reconciliation and update med binder forms and complete all required documentation according to individual program procedures and timelines.
- Complete incident reports on any facility damage, medical emergencies or any significant incident which occurs in program or with client care.
- This job description is not intended to cover every aspect of your job at YouthCare. We are a team that works together to meet the needs of our clients and every member of the team is expected to pitch in and help even beyond the specific responsibilities listed in this description.