You're not currently logged in | Login or Create an Account
• Serve as a field representative of the maintenance department of LIHI.
• Represent LIHI in a professional manner as reflected by personal appearance, attention to detail, jobsite cleanliness, customer service and safety.
• Document and record all work, purchases, travel, accidents, and any other related items in a timely, professional manner.
• Prepare vacant units for re-renting in a timely manner. Complete cleaning, maintenance, and coordinate with vendors or other LIHI maintenance staff.
• Perform regularly scheduled turnover and emergency maintenance tasks including but not limited to inspections, carpentry, drywall repair, painting, electrical work, appliance troubleshooting, and plumbing.
• Perform routine maintenance and janitorial of common areas, grounds maintenance, garbage removal and weeding, and replacing locks and light bulbs.
• Respond to emergencies as needed, sometimes after-hours.
• Record all maintenance work completed on appropriate forms in an accurate and timely manner.
• Follow direction and provide input to help prioritize assigned work to minimize vacancy loss, prevent property damage, and provide service to residents.
• Assist with the maintenance of sites inventory of basic supplies.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) has a 30-year history and track record of owning and managing low-income housing; developing innovative solutions to homelessness; advocating for housing justice; providing supportive services; and operating hygiene services for homeless people at our Urban Rest Stops. LIHI staff have developed over 4,500 affordable housing units and manages over 2,500 units including rental housing, permanent supportive housing and transitional housing. The populations served include: families, singles, seniors, veterans, young adults, immigrants, low wage workers, and people living with physical and mental disabilities. LIHI is one of the largest nonprofit housing organizations in the state. Our properties are located in Seattle, King County, and five adjacent counties. LIHI is a national leader in sponsoring tiny house villages as a crisis solution to homelessness. Annually, the tiny house villages and shelters serve 1,000 homeless people and our hygiene programs serve over 8,000 homeless people. LIHI is a BIPOC organization committed to anti-displacement, equitable development, and social racial justice. LIHI staff is collaborative, dynamic, and dedicated to taking bold steps in ending homelessness and creating supportive communities for people to thrive.
OPEIU Local 8 is a progressive, democratically run union working for social and economic justice since 1945. Local 8 represents more than 6,000 members all over Washington state working in many settings including offices, health and home care, housing, social services, the insurance industry, legal services and the public sector.
Please login to continue. Don't have a Union Jobs account? Create one using the Register tab.
Register for a Union Jobs account to get access to full job postings in our site.
Receive email alerts when new jobs you’re interested in are posted. Enter some search keywords and don’t forget to confirm you are subscribing to job postings.
What is a keyword? A keyword is a term you use when making a search online. At Union Jobs that may be a job title, industry, workplace, etc. You will only receive email alerts when jobs matching at least one of your keywords are posted. When using multiple keywords be sure to use a comma to separate each term.