Position Purpose: Assists the Assistant Store Director in directing the operation of the Grocery Department, including supervising and training personnel. Assists in ordering, receiving, storing, pricing, stocking and merchandising. May direct and control the operation of the entire store in the absence of the Store Director and the Grocery Manager/Assistant Store Director.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
· Champions Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relation in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints. Promotes Albertson’s philosophy of personalized service.
· Performs ordering, receiving, storing, pricing, stocking and merchandising duties. Assists the Grocery Manager in planning, organizing and directing day-to-day operations of the grocery department and front end functions, including recommendations regarding regular and seasonal merchandise requirements and special sales needs. Assists in implementing Company and Division merchandising policies and/or Store Director instructions.
· May act as back up cashier. Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
· Responsible for the proper accounting of sales, maintenance and storage of cash register detail tapes and the issuance and pick up of money from checkstands.
· Prepares “to do list” for night stockers, closes out discontinued items and implements price changing procedures. Controls shrink. Prevents the sale of out of code products.
· Opens and closes the store.
· Ensures compliance with Company sanitation, safety, security and other policies. Recommends corrective action as needed. Implements emergency procedures in the event of equipment and computer software malfunctions.
· Responsible for the overall operation of the store including supervision of all associates and the handling of customer complaints, in the absence of the Store Director and the Grocery Manager.
· May perform duties of the Receiving Clerk in the absence of the Receiving Clerk.
· Responsible for performing all job duties with accuracy, honesty and integrity.
· Other necessary and required duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. We have a new vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength with deep local roots, that offers an easy, fun, friendly, and inspiring experience, no matter how a customer chooses to shop with us. We want talented individuals to be a part of this journey!
The organization includes 2,230 stores, 23 distribution facilities, and 20 manufacturing plants with over 300,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is publicly owned with supermarkets across the country that includes Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, ACME, Shaw’s, Tom Thumb, United Supermarkets, United Express, Randalls, Albertson’s Market, Pavilions, Star Markets, Market Street, Carrs, Haggen, Lucky, Amigos, Andronico’s Community Markets, King’s, Balducci’s, and Albertson’s Market Street.
UFCW 3000 is the largest private-sector union in Washington with over 46,000 members working in grocery store retail health care and other industry jobs. UFCW 21 is a chartered member of UFCW International with over 1.4 million workers in North America. We believe in the promise of America. A promise that our children can lead better lives than ours. A promise that with hard work and standing up for our rights we can make a decent living that includes a good wage health care and retirement.
Please login to continue. Don't have a Union Jobs account? Create one using the Register tab.
Register for a Union Jobs account to get access to full job postings in our site.
Receive email alerts when new jobs you’re interested in are posted. Enter some search keywords and don’t forget to confirm you are subscribing to job postings.
What is a keyword? A keyword is a term you use when making a search online. At Union Jobs that may be a job title, industry, workplace, etc. You will only receive email alerts when jobs matching at least one of your keywords are posted. When using multiple keywords be sure to use a comma to separate each term.