You're not currently logged in | Login or Create an Account
Central Co-op is proud of its commitment to quality foods and supporting small local vendors, and is seeking a clerk to help ensure that our Center Store/Grocery department looks and feels great! The Center Store Clerk is responsible for providing outstanding customer service and keeping our shelves and cases stocked, clean, and enticing.
Primary Position Responsibilities
● Stocking, rotating, and facing grocery items on the sales floor, in coolers and freezers, and in backstock; maintaining cleanliness of both sales and stock areas
● Receiving product from distributors and vendors, and ensuring the accuracy of deliveries and invoices
● Answering questions and engaging with customers about product availability and selection, and taking customer suggestions and special orders
Other responsibilities may include:
● Occasionally ordering and verifying product orders, cataloguing and coding invoices
● Assisting in other store departments as necessary
● Upholding the values of Central Co-op in daily work
Welcome to Central Co-op! We're two full-service natural foods grocers open to everyone, 7 days a week.
We're also an independent, democratically-governed Solidarity cooperative, which means we are owned by people who shop and work here. We're dedicated to sustainable practices, community accountability, and the local food economy.
We source from local farmers and producers whenever possible, and we work to add energy to the good food movement. We're known as a resource for ethically-produced, healthful foods and products, and up-to-the-minute information about personal and environmental health.
UFCW 3000 is the largest private-sector union in Washington with over 46,000 members working in grocery store retail health care and other industry jobs. UFCW 21 is a chartered member of UFCW International with over 1.4 million workers in North America. We believe in the promise of America. A promise that our children can lead better lives than ours. A promise that with hard work and standing up for our rights we can make a decent living that includes a good wage health care and retirement.
Please login to continue. Don't have a Union Jobs account? Create one using the Register tab.
Register for a Union Jobs account to get access to full job postings in our site.
Receive email alerts when new jobs you’re interested in are posted. Enter some search keywords and don’t forget to confirm you are subscribing to job postings.
What is a keyword? A keyword is a term you use when making a search online. At Union Jobs that may be a job title, industry, workplace, etc. You will only receive email alerts when jobs matching at least one of your keywords are posted. When using multiple keywords be sure to use a comma to separate each term.