The Food Prep Worker prepares, and portions food items and performs various duties in accordance with production requirements and Aramark sanitation standards. Uses daily worksheets and standardized recipes to cook meals.
• Prepares all food items using prep lists and standard Aramark recipes.
• Follows proper food handling procedures.
• Maintains accurate rotation of food to assure top quality and freshness.
• Manages leftover foods correctly; cover, label, date, and accurately store according to Aramark standards.
• Maintains clean and orderly refrigerators and work areas.
• Ensures stations are cleaned, sanitized, and organized at the end of the shift (including cleaning of kitchen equipment).
• Maintains a safe and sanitary work environment that conforms to all food safety standards and regulations.
• Follows safety policies and accident reporting procedures.
• Completes all required training.
UNITE HERE Local 8 represents about 5,000 workers in the hospitality industries of Oregon & Washington State. Local 8 members work in hotels, restaurants, food service, and airport concessions. They include room cleaners, cooks, bartenders, bellmen, food and beverage servers, bussers, and dishwashers. Local 8′s parent union, UNITE HERE, represents hotel, food service, and gaming workers throughout the US and Canada.
Please login to continue. Don't have a Union Jobs account? Create one using the Register tab.
Register for a Union Jobs account to get access to full job postings in our site.
Receive email alerts when new jobs you’re interested in are posted. Enter some search keywords and don’t forget to confirm you are subscribing to job postings.
What is a keyword? A keyword is a term you use when making a search online. At Union Jobs that may be a job title, industry, workplace, etc. You will only receive email alerts when jobs matching at least one of your keywords are posted. When using multiple keywords be sure to use a comma to separate each term.