You're not currently logged in | Login or Create an Account
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A Domestic Violence Equity Advocate
Reporting to the Domestic Violence Supervisor, the Advocate will promote Increased Safety Through Equity. Advocate will address the lack of safety experienced by domestic violence and sexual assault Latinx survivors and the gap in equity they face to seeking and receiving support. Advocate will ensure all services are provided in a holistic and culturally sensitive process, thereby promoting the dignity, respect, safety and optimal functioning of the individual.
• Advocate will focus on supporting Latinx survivors' safety and equity through education and advocacy.
• Advocate will provide Latinx survivors with education and assistance about available resources; education about the legal rights of both citizens and noncitizens; community and legal advocacy; and support groups.
• Advocate will design new Women's Wellness support group activities.
• Advocate will work directly with first responders to help them understand the background and culture of Latinx immigrants from a variety of Latin American countries.
• Advocate will conduct public awareness activities for the greater Seattle community and Latinx survivors.
OPEIU Local 8 is a progressive, democratically run union working for social and economic justice since 1945. Local 8 represents more than 6,000 members all over Washington state working in many settings including offices, health and home care, housing, social services, the insurance industry, legal services and the public sector.
Please login to continue. Don't have a Union Jobs account? Create one using the Register tab.
Register for a Union Jobs account to get access to full job postings in our site.
Receive email alerts when new jobs you’re interested in are posted. Enter some search keywords and don’t forget to confirm you are subscribing to job postings.
What is a keyword? A keyword is a term you use when making a search online. At Union Jobs that may be a job title, industry, workplace, etc. You will only receive email alerts when jobs matching at least one of your keywords are posted. When using multiple keywords be sure to use a comma to separate each term.