Provide friendly and welcoming assistance as requested or required to customers wishing to check baggage through automated self-service technologies. Interpret government rules and requirements for domestic and international travel. Serve customers in a caring, efficient, and diplomatic manner.
A. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous airport and/or customer service experience preferred.
3. Must be 18 years of age or older.
4. Must have reliable telephone and transportation.
B. PERSONAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Treat all information as confidential.
2. Posses the tact to deal with all levels of situations, client representatives, employees and the public.
3. Must be able to read, understand and carry out instructions in English.
4. Ability to work from verbal and written instructions.
5. Ability to communicate in English clearly and concisely verbally and in written form.
6. Must be able to lift, stoop, squat, push, stand and/or bend throughout the shift.
7. Must be able to lift, carry and/or hold up to 75 lbs.
8. Must pass pre-employment and random drug test.
9. Must pass a Criminal Background check.
10. Must meet necessary requirements to obtain a security sensitive identification badge.
11. Must be a citizen of the US or posses the necessary authorization from the immigration and naturalization Service (INS).
1. Stand for extended periods of time within the Bag Drop check-in area to listen, comprehend, as questions and evaluate customer needs concerning checked baggage.
2. Comprehend and communicate up-to-date carry-on and checked baggage requirements.
3. Query passengers using FAA mandated security questions.
4. Verify customer identification as required by the FAA/TSA.
5. Visually verify proper placement of bag tags on self-tagged checked baggage.
6. Verify carry-on items meet carrier size requirements.
7. Activate bag tags by using automated electronic scanning device.
8. Verify weight of each checked item and collect baggage fees when applicable.
9. May be required to handle checked bags (lifting, weighing, placing on bag belt, etc.)
10. Affix printed bag tag from assigned podium printers.
11. Change stock in automated printers.
12. Complete required paperwork.
13. Fluency may be required in specific foreign language.
14. Consistently demonstrate welcoming and helpful behaviors throughout the performance of all tasks.
15. Comply with all safety requirements to include only using equipment that you have been trained on, immediately reporting unsafe conditions and workplace injuries, wearing proper PPE, and attending required safety training.