You're not currently logged in | Login or Create an Account
Harborview Medical Center's Patient Care Services has an outstanding opportunity for a Administrative Assistant 3 (Full-Time, Days). Under general supervision, the Administrative Assistant 3 provides complex administrative support and coordination for daily operations of the Patient Care Services department. Key functions include:
• Providing comprehensive meeting support for division leaders and their direct reports.
• Developing and maintaining calendars, travel itineraries, and overseeing event planning and coordination.
• Overseeing process improvement projects, maintaining confidential records, revising policies and procedures, and performing human resources and leave administration. Performing high-level clerical functions including advanced and complex word processing, graphics, spreadsheets and relational database tasks.
• Suggesting and implementing process improvement via feedback, documentation, clerical tools, and participation in committees and initiatives.
• Coordinating office operations and reception functions
Support and Coordination of Operations
• Maintains administrator/director schedules.
• Identifies scheduling conflicts and resolves proactively.
• Provides high-level meeting support for division leaders and their direct reports, including room scheduling, agenda planning, catering coordination, AV setup, and taking minutes.
• Provides project and initiative support for leaders and their direct reports.
• Coordinates and prioritizes workload to meet timelines and deadlines.
• Gathers, analyzes and presents data such as process improvement initiatives, dashboards, staff and patient rounding statistics, stoplight summaries, variance reports, quality improvement measures and case reviews.
• Submits assigned projects, statistics, reports and/or other paperwork according to agreed-upon timelines.
• Establishes and maintains reasonable par levels and organization for office supplies.
• Maintains a well-organized and stocked desk area, which facilitates efficient department operation.
• Collaborates with other clerical resources when necessary to obtain assistance in meeting peak workloads.
• Provides paper flow management for administrator/director – sorts mail, assigns priority to documents, files, collects signatures, etc.
• Documents and tracks requisitions for purchases orders, and capital equipment, continuing education, leave of absences, personnel and reimbursement requests.
• Possesses knowledge of PCS staff members and supervisors; is able to deliver mail and messages or find appropriate unit location.
• Receives messages and relays information accurately and in a timely manner.
• Acts as liaison communicating on supervisor’s behalf with senior management, faculty, staff, colleagues at other agencies/institutions, representatives of funding agencies and officials from professional organizations and interpreting policies and making decisions which facilitate progress of projects.
• Coordinates with senior hospital leadership, administrative officers, community leaders and local or state officials.
• Represents the administrator or director in situations requiring a high level of tact and diplomacy where the effect of an error in judgment may have significant impact.
• Establishes procedures and interprets and applies administrative policies within the division.
• Identifies and implements organizational system improvements to streamline operations.
• Creates documentation for processes and tasks.
• Assumes responsibility for travel arrangements, including itinerary preparation and processing travel reimbursement.
• Assists in the coordination of special events and projects.
• Contributes to relevant intranet websites.
• Audits site content regularly.
• Coordinates with supervisor and content management team when necessary.
SEIU 925 unites 17,000 people in Washington who work in education from early learning through higher education, as well as members who work in local government and nonprofits. We work together to provide quality education for children and students, to ensure that education remains a state priority, and to strengthen our workforce. We provide quality public services to our communities across the state. The mission of SEIU 925 is to win political and economic power for working people to advance the well-being of our members, their families and all working people by developing leaders who are a voice for change in the workplace and solidarity in our communities.
Please login to continue. Don't have a Union Jobs account? Create one using the Register tab.
Register for a Union Jobs account to get access to full job postings in our site.
Receive email alerts when new jobs you’re interested in are posted. Enter some search keywords and don’t forget to confirm you are subscribing to job postings.
What is a keyword? A keyword is a term you use when making a search online. At Union Jobs that may be a job title, industry, workplace, etc. You will only receive email alerts when jobs matching at least one of your keywords are posted. When using multiple keywords be sure to use a comma to separate each term.