The Deli Manager provides friendly, courteous, and helpful service. Works to achieve department's results in providing superior service, increasing sales, improving gain, and containing cost. Follows division guidelines for the implementation of the merchandising program. The Deli Manager trains all deli employees, supervises their staff, writes the schedule, and assigns duties to deli clerks. Changes signs and prices as directed by merchandising. Inventories floor stock and cooler stock daily. Writes deli orders in the order guidebook and enters into computer. Checks order for completeness upon arrival. Responsible for maintaining appropriate stock and inventory in the deli area. Additionally, operates computerized cash register to itemize and total customer's purchases in the deli department. Collects cash, check, or charge payment from customer and makes change for transactions. Weighs items and redeems promotional coupons. Rotates product and removes out-of-date product daily. Prepares deli food for hot and cold deli cases. Weighs, wraps, and prices items. May take orders in person or over the telephone. Organize and maintain clean work area. Work schedule will be determined by the store based on business need.
Albertsons Deli Manager employees are generally responsible for completing the following job
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and
within company policy.
2. Help Deli Manager to train, schedule, and supervise deli workers.
3. Speak with customers to resolve problems with sales, dissatisfaction of service, or other problems.
4. Perform inventory and order necessary supplies to maintain adequate inventory.
5. Replace stock in displays surrounding deli cases.
6. Operate various food preparation machines.
7. Use scales and volume measures to apportion product correctly.
8. Obtain, transport, and unload freight.
9. Maintain cleanliness of deli area of the store.
10. Perform temperature and tare checks daily.
11. Monitor inter-office mail and company web page daily for updated information.
12. Make price signs for displays as needed.
13. Total bill, count payment, and make change.
14. Take deli orders over telephone or in person.
15. Other duties as assigned.
UFCW 3000 is the largest private-sector union in Washington with over 46,000 members working in grocery store retail health care and other industry jobs. UFCW 21 is a chartered member of UFCW International with over 1.4 million workers in North America. We believe in the promise of America. A promise that our children can lead better lives than ours. A promise that with hard work and standing up for our rights we can make a decent living that includes a good wage health care and retirement.
Please login to continue. Don't have a Union Jobs account? Create one using the Register tab.
Register for a Union Jobs account to get access to full job postings in our site.
Receive email alerts when new jobs you’re interested in are posted. Enter some search keywords and don’t forget to confirm you are subscribing to job postings.
What is a keyword? A keyword is a term you use when making a search online. At Union Jobs that may be a job title, industry, workplace, etc. You will only receive email alerts when jobs matching at least one of your keywords are posted. When using multiple keywords be sure to use a comma to separate each term.