The Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown Pioneer Square is hiring for a talented Breakfast Cook.
The Embassy Seattle Pioneer Square is steps from football and soccer games at Lumen Field and less than a half mile from baseball at T-Mobile Park. Union Station is a block east for easy access to attractions, like Int’l District, the Space Needle and Pike Place
What will I be doing?
As a Cook, you would be responsible for preparing food items in accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
- Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards at all times
- Manage guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
- Stock and maintain designated food station(s)
- Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
- Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items, as needed
Preferred qualifications include:
- Previous F&B and customer service experience
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on independently and within a team
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The hourly rate is $22.53 and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location.
The Benefits – Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Low cost Medical Insurance coverage – only $40 a month for you and your family. Work only 65 hours in the month to be eligible.
- Vision, dental, life and disability insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Vacation Time – accrue up to 40 hours of vacation in your first year.
- Sick Time – earn 1 hour of sick time for every 30 hours you work
- Holiday Pay
- Go Hilton travel discount program: 100 nights of discounted travel per calendar year
- Matching 401(k)
- Debt-free education: Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) – purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Complimentary meals in the Team Member Restaurant while on shift
- Complimentary use of on-site fitness facility outside of working time
- Monthly reimbursement of up to $50 for public transportation for the purpose of commuting to work