The Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown Pioneer Square is hiring for a talented Banquet Cook.
The Embassy Seattle Pioneer Square is steps from football and soccer games at Lumen Field and less than a half mile from baseball at T-Mobile Park. Union Station is a block east for easy access to attractions, like Int’l District, the Space Needle and Pike Place.
A Cook is responsible for maintaining and setting up food production station and quality control of all meat, fish, fowl, sauces, stocks, seasonings and all other food items prepared on the hot line.
What will I be doing?
A Cook is responsible for maintaining and setting up food production station and quality control of all meat, fish, fowl, sauces, stocks, seasonings and all other food items prepared on the hot line. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Cooks, ensures all meals for restaurants are suitable for consumption according to standard recipes to ensure consistency of product to the guest. Visually inspects, selects and uses all food items of the highest quality in the preparation of all menu items.
Keeps adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensures proper storage of all food products and portion control, eg., especially high cost items.
Keeps spoilage/waste to a minimum by utilizing proper quantities and rotating products.
Keeps all refrigeration, storage, and working areas in clean, working condition to comply with health department regulations.
Organizes and transfers food items into lexans as needed, label and date for proper use and identification.
Turns on/off all kitchen equipment, such as stoves, ovens, grills, broilers, heat lamps, steamers, fryers, etc. and ensures all is in proper working condition.
What are we looking for?
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
At least two years cooking experience required. High volume restaurant experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to write read and understand English in order to complete order requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The hourly rate is $23.53 and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location.
The Benefits – Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Low cost Medical Insurance coverage – only $40 a month for you and your family. Work only 65 hours in the month to be eligible.
- Vision, dental, life and disability insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Vacation Time – accrue up to 40 hours of vacation in your first year.
- Sick Time – earn 1 hour of sick time for every 30 hours you work
- Holiday Pay
- Go Hilton travel discount program: 100 nights of discounted travel per calendar year
- Employer funded pension
- Debt-free education: Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) – purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Complimentary meals in the Team Member Restaurant while on shift
- Complimentary use of on-site fitness facility outside of working time
- Monthly reimbursement of up to $50 for public transportation for the purpose of commuting to work