Job Summary: As leader of our Beer & Wine Department, this position is responsible for product management, merchandising, full profit and loss control, and personnel development.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains high-quality standards in product management and presentation.
- Orders all products for the Beer & Wine Department.
- Completes Beer & Wine Department night crew work schedule.
- Establishes sales, gross profit, labor and supply budgets for the Beer & Wine Department.
- Assists in maintaining pricing to achieve budgeted gross profit goals.
- Plans and executes Beer & Wine Department merchandising and displays.
- Ensures rotation requirements for all beer & wine products are consistently achieved.
- Leads and readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service customers.
- Leads by example, and provides employees with clear expectations and timely feedback.
- Trains employees and provides performance feedback, coaching and counseling.
- Conducts quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Director team.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum two years wine industry-related experience preferred.
- Minimum one year retail experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines a must. Sense of urgency required. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation and manage expenses.
- Possesses strong knowledge of food safety and HACCP/Department of Health guidelines, gross profit, inventory and portion control; proven experience working with each.
- Possesses comprehensive product information with a proven history of using knowledge to best service customers. Demonstrates a strong knowledge and understanding of food, including ingredients, applications, pronunciations, and culinary skills. Possesses a genuine passion for wine, beer, food, and related products.
- Capable leadership skills; proven success as a team member. Ability to effectively delegate and follow-through.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills required; effective written communication skills necessary.
- Possesses effective merchandising and display skills.
- Demonstrates an interest in learning; possesses a strong interest in food, wine, and related products.
- Proven ability to interact and perform all job responsibilities with professionalism and confidentiality essential.
- Proven ability to meet attendance requirements, dependable.
- Able to lift and carry 40 pounds.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- 20% team member discount
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (very low cost to team members)
- Health savings accounts (subject to qualified medical plans)
- Flexible spending arrangements (subject to qualified medical plans)
- Company-funded disability and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program available to all team members
- Retirement plans available to all team members
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Sick/safe leave provided consistent with local and state requirements
- Reduced cost ORCA Card program for King County team members
- Education support
- Career development opportunities
The specific programs and options available to any given team member are dependent upon eligibility factors such as position, date of hire, work location, and terms of applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes), national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.