Job Summary: As a member of our Beer & Wine Department, this position is responsible for product management, merchandising, and customer service.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains high-quality standards in product management and presentation.
- Orders some products for the Beer & Wine Department.
- Stocks and maintains inventory.
- Executes Beer & Wine Department merchandising and displays.
- Ensures rotation requirements for all beer & wine products are consistently achieved.
- Readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service our customers.
- Assists in quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Wine Steward and/or the Store Director team.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum one year grocery-industry experience required.
- Proven experience as a Grocery Clerk preferred.
- Proven success as a team member.
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
- Possesses creative merchandising and display skills.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge and understanding of a wide range of beer and wine products, including the ability to successfully make recommendations to customers based upon menu selections.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Superior communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates an interest in learning; possesses a strong interest in food and related products.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- 20% team member discount
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (very low cost to team members)
- Health savings accounts (subject to qualified medical plans)
- Flexible spending arrangements (subject to qualified medical plans)
- Company-funded disability and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program available to all team members
- Retirement plans available to all team members
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Sick/safe leave provided consistent with local and state requirements
- Reduced cost ORCA Card program for King County team members
- Education support
- Career development opportunities
The specific programs and options available to any given team member are dependent upon eligibility factors such as position, date of hire, work location, and terms of applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes), national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.