The Sign Coordinator is a creative and innovative position within our Store Administration team. This role collaborates with the Store Director team and Marketing team to develop effective, appealing, consistent in-store signage that upholds the Metropolitan Market brand, including production of regularly updated in-store chalkboard and handwritten signage.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’D DO
• In partnership with the Store Director team and/or Marketing Director, plans and executes project completion timelines that meet company needs, achieving established deadlines.
• Design, produce, and maintain chalkboard art in accordance with Metropolitan Market graphic standards.
• Ensure fulfillment of requests on a timely basis, ensuring daily tasks and assignments are accomplished correctly and in a timely manner.
• Work with internal customers to develop products that achieve the desired results (i.e., materials for company presentations, etc.).
• Order and maintain all chalkboard artistry supplies within approved budget (planning and ordering with seasonal needs in mind), ensuring proper and cost-effective maintenance of equipment to minimize costs.
• Perform daily store walk-through to evaluate effective sign usage; takes action as required.
• Communicate regularly with Department Managers to ensure all artwork needs are designed and displayed as requested. Effectively reproduce external and internal product brands, logos, product identity, and appropriate forms.
• Work a flexible schedule as required by business needs.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We seek candidates with two years of experience in production of professional-level design or illustrations, and proven success working with chalk, paint, and other mediums on dark matte surfaces. We strive to find a candidate with experience in design conception, development, and production, with proven ability to effectively capture intended message and produce desired results. Successful candidates must have the ability to replicate images and utilize a variety of fonts, colors, patterns and logos.
Our team members deliver exceptional customer service and possess strong interpersonal and oral communication skills. Candidates must possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative who are able to problem solve and have proven success working in a diverse team environment. Successful candidates will have demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines; they will possess excellent time management and organizational skills. Due to the nature of the work, Sign Coordinators must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive pay
• 20% team member discount
• Medical, dental, vision insurance (very low cost to team members)
• Health savings accounts (subject to qualified medical plans)
• Flexible spending arrangements (subject to qualified medical plans)
• Company-funded disability and life insurance
• Employee Assistance Program available to all team members
• Retirement plans available to all team members
• Paid vacation, personal, and holiday time off
• Sick/safe leave provided consistent with local and state requirements
• Reduced cost ORCA Card program for King County team members
• Education support
• Career development opportunities
The specific programs and options available to any given team member are dependent upon eligibility factors such as position, date of hire, work location, and terms of applicable collective bargaining agreements.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
Employment may be dependent upon successful background check and reference checks. All store employees must have a valid Washington State Food Workers Card to begin work.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes), national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.