1020 Pacific Highway SW, Lakewood, WA, 98499
POSTING DATE: 9/22/2023
REPORTS TO: Shelter Operations Manager
HOURS: Part time, Weekends 9PM-9AM
PAY RANGE: $20.25-26.20 per hour, DOE
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance, long term disability insurance and sick leave are available to employees. Employees accrue 116 hours of vacation during the first year and receive 11 paid holidays. (Prorated for part-time employees).
Position type: Non-exempt. Unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
This position monitors activities at the Shelters and maintains a safe environment for all Program Participants. This position also provides emergency coverage as needed and works closely with other Shelter Organizers, the on-site Case Manager and the Shelter Operations Manager.
- Foster a safe, clean and peaceful environment in the shelter.
- Assist clients/participants in completing move-in and move-out paperwork. Monitor individuals entering and exiting the shelter. Maintain logs and complete incident reports.
- Provide outreach and info to neighborhood residents. Handle donations.
- Provide an on-site presence in the shelter, provide assistance to the program participants, enforce rules and guest policy.
- Monitor activities, safety, security and cleanliness in the shelter. Serve on team providing 24/7 staffing. Monitoring the people as they enter and exit the site. The purpose is to assist with deterring theft, violence, vandalism, illegal activities or infractions of rules and code of conduct.
- Perform light-maintenance and janitorial of common areas, entry, kitchen, community space, bathrooms, grounds and the perimeter of the shelter.
- Assist in setting up shelter meetings and assign daily and weekly duties to be performed by program participants.
- Prepare vacant units including light maintenance, cleaning, and coordinating with vendors in a timely manner. Maintain inventory of basic supplies and order supplies.
- Respond to program participants’ concerns and questions.
- Provide info and feedback to Case Manager and Shelter Operations Manager on on-going operations and the welfare of program participants.
- Respond to emergencies, being on-call with cell phone and performing grounds checks. Call 911 in case of emergencies such as fire or injuries. Alert LIHI staff and management of incidents, safety concerns and other related issues.
- Be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
- One year maintenance, customer service and/or management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people with sensitivity to cultural, race, gender, mental health and class issues, and a demonstrated commitment to low-income housing and ending homelessness.
- Experience working with low-income people.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must pass criminal background checks and drug screening test.