Job Summary: As leader of our Seafood Department, this position is responsible for product management, merchandising, full profit and loss control, and personnel development.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains high-quality standards in product management and presentation.
- Completes Seafood Department weekly team member work schedule.
- Establishes sales, gross profit, labor and supply budgets for the Seafood Department.
- Maintains pricing to achieve budgeted gross profit goals.
- Plans and executes Seafood Department merchandising and displays.
- Leads and readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
- Adheres to food temperature requirements, including hot and cold holding specifications. Promptly discards any products that do not meet HACCP and Department of Health standards, or appear less than presentable under Metropolitan Market’s quality expectations.
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service guests.
- Leads by example, and provides team members with clear expectations and timely feedback.
- Trains and develops team members; works to involve and educate all team members.
- Conducts quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Functions as a skilled seafood buyer and cutter.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Director and /or Assistant Store Director.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum three years seafood industry required.
- Minimum one year supervisory experience required.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proven success as a team leader and member.
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
- Possesses creative merchandising and display skills.
- Possesses strong knowledge of gross profit and labor percentages; proven experience working with both.
- Possesses comprehensive product information with a proven history of using knowledge to train employees and best service customers.
- Possesses a genuine interest and enthusiasm for fine food.
- Proven history of personnel development.
- Ability to effectively delegate and follow-through.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Superior communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation and manage profit and loss.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- 20% team member discount
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (very low cost to team members)
- Health savings accounts (subject to qualified medical plans)
- Flexible spending arrangements (subject to qualified medical plans)
- Company-funded disability and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program available to all team members
- Retirement plans available to all team members
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Sick/safe leave provided consistent with local and state requirements
- Reduced cost ORCA Card program for King County team members
- Education support
- Career development opportunities
- Wage/salary range: $21.00 – $26.00
The specific programs and options available to any given team member are dependent upon eligibility factors such as position, date of hire, work location, and terms of applicable collective bargaining agreements.