WHO WE ARE
T&C is a family-owned company that builds authentic relationships one interaction at a time through consistent commitment to heartfelt service, relating to people as people (not numbers) and by selling the freshest, highest-quality products available. We have a deep passion for food and people and are always looking for service-minded individuals of all backgrounds to join our community.
WHO YOU ARE
You are genuine and authentic in your interactions both with your customers and co-workers. You thrive in a team environment, take your responsibilities seriously, and always consider the customer in your decisions. You see richness and strength in a diverse workforce and treat others with respect to create a place of belonging for all. You care about your community and the environment. Pursuing knowledge in order to add value and grow is your idea of fun. Oh, and you love food!
WHAT WE OFFER (IN ADDITION TO BEING A FUN PLACE TO WORK)
We have a highly competitive benefits package ($5-$19 weekly medical premiums), vacation/sick time, paid holidays, premium pay rates, an Employee Assistance Program, a discount on virtually everything in our markets, 401(k) plans, profit-sharing and a pension, scholarship program and an employee referral bonus program. Whoa! That’s a lot of great stuff!
THE SMALL PRINT WE WANT YOU TO BE AWARE OF
T&C is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workplace and do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. We invite women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can thrive in this role, we’d love to learn more about you. Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
A TYPICAL DAY WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING . . .
- Provides excellent customer service at the Meat & Seafood counters
- Cuts, slices, fillets and further processes Seafood products
- Prepares, packages, prices and labels Seafood department products for retail sale
- Handles freight, stocks product and maintains proper signage on all products
- Supports and follows sustainability programs
- Manages, maintains, receives product and tracks shrink & inventory
- Packages and ships seafood products
- Produces Value Added and sets pars and production lists
- Sets full-service and self-service cases to T&C standards and programs
- Ensures the dissemination & adherence to all company policies
- Maintains adherence to all security & safety policies
- Adheres to proper waste management and recycling procedures
- Stays current with industry trends, standards and changes
- Stays current with all training including online training and professional development opportunities
- Maintains department cleanliness
- Provides excellent customer service
- Prepares department product for sale
- Operates within the Company’s Core Values and Company Brand
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF . . .
- Must possess a high level of Seafood and cooking knowledge
- Flexibility to work morning/afternoons/evenings/weekends/holidays
- Must be a team player
- Exemplifies health department standards
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of customers and employees
- Must possess a strong desire to work hard, be enthusiastic, and exude a positive attitude
- Ability to take direction and carry out department tasks and assignments
- Must possess an attitude of service to others
- Demonstrates self-discipline and accountability
- Displays excellent work ethic
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to have full body mobility (bending, stooping, twisting and reaching) and have excellent manual dexterity
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.