OUR CULTURE: Individual Distinction, Collective Soul
The Noble House Hotels & Resorts philosophy emphasizes “location, distinction, and soul.” Our properties are not a “one-size-fits-all.” And neither are our associates. What makes us The Edgewater Hotel lies within our team. We are a group of individuals that share a passion for hospitality. We let our personalities shine and we like to have fun. In fact, having fun is so important to us that it is included in our corporate core values statement.
Originally built for the 1962 World’s Fair, The Edgewater Hotel has marked its place in history as the host to many famous names in the music scene from The Beatles to Blondie. Embraced by Elliott Bay, The Edgewater stands watch over the Olympic Mountains and Seattle skyline. Practically floating on water, the hotel boasts an authentic Pacific Northwest experience including aluminum exteriors, natural wood interiors and river-rock fireplaces. This classic landmark is defined through its culture and distinctive atmosphere.
What is the job?
It’s simple – Sell cool stuff & serve coffee, provide an excellent experience to each and every customer, and help to maintain a clean and inviting store.
Coffee Bar |
1. Serve coffee & espresso drinks
2. Prepare other menu items for coffee side bar
3. Sell products (retail and menu items)
4. Communicate info on our coffees served and products sold
Customer Service and Sales|
1. Direct customers with clarity
2. Be gracious always
3. Smile and greet customers
4. Be attentive to customers and have meaningful conversations
5. Answer phone calls with a smile
7. Solve customer service issues with the support of the Shop Manager
8. Maintain store and bar cleanliness
9. Check in and display merchandise in a fun way
- Flexible availability needed, must be able to work all shifts
- Mainly weekend and evening shifts
- 2-4 shifts a week
RATE OF PAY: $21.70
WHAT WE OFFER: COMPETITIVE WAGES AND AWESOME PERKS!
- $50 Insurance Package – Medical/Dental/Vision individual and family coverage
- Retirement plan – 100% Employer Paid
- Paid days off – holidays/personal/vacation/sick
- Valet Parking – $4 per day
- Uniform Provided with complimentary dry cleaning
- Complimentary Meal with paid breaks
- Bus Pass Reimbursement Program – 50% of bus and ferry transportation reimbursed
- Travel Discounts – Hotel and Restaurant discounts for you & your friends/family all over the country.
- Recognition Programs, such as gift cards, incentives, and career growth opportunities.
- Retail experience is a must
- Computer and/or POS experience is a must
- Espresso experience preferred, but willing to train the right person
- Ability to work without supervision
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to multi-task effectively with quickness (coffee, register, assisting guests on sales floor) and maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Motivated, ambitious, efficient, and friendly
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team
- Customer service driven and willing to go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Ability to lift, bend, stretch with 20lbs