A Public Area Attendant is responsible for cleaning and maintaining all public areas of the hotel and responding to guest requests in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Public Area Attendant, you would be responsible for cleaning and maintaining all public areas of the hotel and responding to guest requests in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Clean designated areas including, but not limited to, restrooms, public areas, hallways, stairwells, elevators, offices and banquet/meeting/conference rooms
- Perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, shampooing carpets, washing windows, emptying carts of soiled linens, cleaning/waxing floors, removing and disposing of trash, insects and debris and emptying ashtrays
- Greet guests in a friendly manner
- Perform deep cleaning tasks and special projects (for example: mattress flipping, furniture moves, etc.), as needed
- Assist in delivering guest requests and in cleaning guest rooms, as needed
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
6 months to 1 year cleaning experience in housekeeping or janitorial service preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly in English with guests and staff as is necessary to effectively work within the department.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to move throughout building, bend, stoop and reach on a continuous basis up to an 8-hour shift.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The Benefits – Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Low cost Medical Insurance coverage – only $40 a month for you and your family. Work only 65 hours in the month to be eligible.
- Vision, dental, life and disability insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Vacation Time – accrue up to 40 hours of vacation in your first year.
- Sick Time – earn 1 hour of sick time for every 30 hours you work
- Holiday Pay
- Go Hilton travel discount program: 100 nights of discounted travel per calendar year
- Matching 401(k)
- Debt-free education: Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) – purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Complimentary meals in the Team Member Restaurant while on shift
- Complimentary use of on-site fitness facility outside of working time
- Monthly reimbursement of up to $50 for public transportation for the purpose of commuting to work