12736 33rd Ave NE, Seattle WA 98125
POSTING DATE: 12/29/2023
REPORTS TO: Area Manager
HOURS: may include some evenings and weekends
PAY RANGE: $67,725-$75,500 annually
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance, long term disability insurance and sick leave are available to employees. Employees accrue 116 hours of vacation during the first year and receive 11 paid holidays. (Prorated for part-time employees).
POSITION TYPE: Exempt, Management Position
The Property Manager will coordinate housing management procedures, develop programs and activities aimed at creating a positive living environment with enforcing consistent policies and procedures that are in full compliance with funding regulations.
Staff support, training, and supervision:
- Physically present at assigned sites.
- Hire, supervise, train, and support On-site, Janitorial, and Maintenance to ensure they have the tools and methodology to be successful in their work.
- Ensure a positive team approach.
- Identify training needs for housing management staff and help implement training.
- Support on-site staff in effectively maintaining established policies and programs at LIHI properties.
- Troubleshoot tenant issues to determine the best course of action.
- Complete staff evaluations that address performance concerns, set goals with clear performance expectations.
- Apply training in conflict resolution, landlord/tenant law, Fair Housing, and Low Income Housing Tax Credit program compliance and SHA section 8 compliance and other program requirements as required.
Program Management and Compliance Implementation:
- Develop a program of activities, education, and other meetings with tenants.
- Develop, implement, and expand housing management policy and procedures that promote consistency, compliance with Fair Housing regulations, and meet funding compliance requirements.
- Assume property maintenance oversight responsibilities including ordering and approving repairs, inspecting the condition of the building, scheduling of maintenance, preparing vacant units for lease, etc.
- Develop a thorough understanding of contracts with funders, complete accurate and timely reports to funders, and ensure compliance with funder agreements.
- Involve property management staff in planning and decision making at the property.
- Review site paperwork and tenant files for proper procedures and documentation.
- Provide regular reports to LIHI Management staff regarding property management issues.
- Provide feedback on improvements needed. Conduct staff meetings and planning sessions.
- Attend community meetings to maintain good communication with neighbors.
- Apply a working knowledge of Bostonpost property management software, reviewing staff work, and review summary reports to assist staff with checking the accuracy of their work, making corrections as needed.
- Manage finances, monitoring the budget against the actual, purchase office supplies, collect rents, maintain rent roll, maintain petty cash fund, and ensure that there is a clear audit trail for all administrative functions.
- Work with the Area Manager to manage finance and accounting functions.
- Prepare the needed reports to King County and the City of Seattle for the Operation and Maintenance funding for the project.
Property Facilities Management:
- Conduct site physical condition reviews monthly. Review at least quarterly and if required more often, the tenant units to ensure that LIHI buildings are well maintained. Provide feedback to the Maintenance Manager.
- Compile information for and complete the Capital Needs Assessment report and replacement reserves use. Prepare annually the preventive maintenance schedule to be followed for the housing and for the building.
- Monitor the implementation of preventative maintenance work.
- Assume property maintenance oversight responsibilities including ordering and approving repairs, inspecting the condition of the building, scheduling maintenance, preparing vacant units for lease, etc.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Four years of property management of a building with more than 50 units, and preferably of type 5 construction with elevators and security, security cameras, and alarm monitoring systems.
- Experience with and a strong working knowledge of landlord, tenant, and Fair Housing laws.
- Experience managing at low-income housing projects and a strong working knowledge of compliance with Low-Income Housing Tax Credit financing and Section 8 requirements.
- Excellent supervisory skills with a minimum of two years supervisory experience with more than three property operations employees, including providing training and developing the skills of others.
- Experience developing, implementing, and monitoring policies and procedures, and project troubleshooting.
- Experience working in and coordinating groups and team building.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated experience that shows a high degree of interpersonal skills working with staff, housing residents, housing partners, and the public.
- Good mathematical aptitude and ability to understand financial statements and budget preparation
- Proficient in Word and Excel spreadsheet programs. Previous experience with record-keeping and report preparation.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while performing multiple tasks.
- Experience working with homeless people in a residential setting, familiarity with a Housing First model is desirable.
- Must successfully pass a background screening