Job Summary: As leader of our Produce Department, this position is responsible for product management, merchandising, full profit and loss control, and personnel development.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains high-quality standards in product management and presentation.
- Orders all products for the Produce Department.
- Completes Produce Department weekly team member work schedule.
- Establishes sales, gross profit, labor and supply budgets for the Produce Department.
- Maintains pricing to achieve budgeted gross profit goals.
- Plans and executes Produce Department merchandising and displays.
- Leads and readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service guests.
- Leads by example, and provides team members with clear expectations and timely feedback.
- Trains team members and provides performance feedback, coaching and counseling.
- Conducts quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Successfully performs all duties of a Journeyman Produce Clerk.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Director and Assistant Store Director.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum three years produce experience required.
- Minimum five years supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proven success as a team leader and member.
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
- Possesses creative merchandising and display skills.
- Possesses strong knowledge of gross profit and labor percentages; proven experience working with both.
- Possesses comprehensive product information with a proven history of using knowledge to train team members and best service guests.
- Proven history of personnel development.
- Ability to effectively delegate and follow-through.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Superior communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation and manage profit and loss.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- 20% team member discount
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (very low cost to team members)
- Health savings accounts (subject to qualified medical plans)
- Flexible spending arrangements (subject to qualified medical plans)
- Company-funded disability and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program available to all team members
- Retirement plans available to all team members
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Sick/safe leave provided consistent with local and state requirements
- Reduced cost ORCA Card program for King County team members
- Education support
- Career development opportunities
The specific programs and options available to any given team member are dependent upon eligibility factors such as position, date of hire, work location, and terms of applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes), national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.