As a key member of the Produce department leadership team, the Produce Assistant Team Leader has a breadth of responsibilities spanning from product management and merchandising, to sales and team member development. In this role, you help to ensure team members are educated about our products and that exceptional product quality and aesthetic presentation are upheld within our Produce department. Our fast-paced environment requires our store leaders to successfully prioritize a variety of tasks (administrative and service to our guests) throughout each workday.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’D DO
• Provide outstanding customer service and readily communicate product information to increase sales, meet revenue goals, and best serve guests.
• Assist Team Leader with ordering products for the Produce Department; maintain product inventory at a level that promotes creative and effective sales merchandising and maximizes sales potential.
• Assist the Team Leader with developing and maintaining product displays that create an exciting marketplace and impact customer buying trends.
• Assumes primary responsibility for store-level vendor relations; readily participate in product promotions and focuses.
• Trains team members and provides clear expectations, performance feedback, coaching and counseling.
• Maintain stocking standards that ensure high product quality, including rotation procedures. Incorporate cleaning with culling, stocking, and rotation requirements.
• Prevent internal and external loss and conduct physical inventories and practice inventory control.
• Ensures all outdated products are pulled, recorded, and discarded from the Produce sales areas daily; determines proper replacement product quantities and promptly restocks in compliance within established guidelines.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
All Metropolitan Market team members deliver exceptional customer service and possess strong interpersonal and oral communication skills. For this role, we seek candidates with a high level of self-motivation and initiative who can problem solve and have proven success working in a diverse team environment. Successful candidates will have demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines; they will possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
Our Produce Assistant Team Leaders possess creative merchandising and display skills, and have comprehensive product knowledge with a history of training team members. Hired team members will demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of food, including ingredients, applications, pronunciations, and culinary skills.
Candidates must possess knowledge of food safety, HACCP/Department of Health guidelines, inventory management, and gross profits and labor percentages. Ideally, our new Produce Assistant Team Leader will have a minimum of two years of supervisory experience and proven history of developing personnel. In addition to success as a leader within a team setting, three years of produce experience is required.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive pay
• 20% team member discount
• Medical, dental, vision insurance (very low cost to team members)
• Health savings accounts (subject to qualified medical plans)
• Flexible spending arrangements (subject to qualified medical plans)
• Company-funded disability and life insurance
• Employee Assistance Program available to all team members
• Retirement plans available to all team members
• Generous paid time off benefits
• Sick/safe leave provided consistent with local and state requirements
• Reduced cost ORCA Card program for King County team members
• Education support
• Career development opportunities
The specific programs and options available to any given team member are dependent upon eligibility factors such as position, date of hire, work location, and terms of applicable collective bargaining agreements.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
Employment may be dependent upon successful background check and reference checks. All store employees must have a valid Washington State Food Workers Card to begin work.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes), national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.