Job Summary: As a key member of our Prepared Foods (Bakery & Deli) Department, this position is responsible for sales generation, product preparation, food safety, quality control, and merchandising. This position is also responsible for providing excellent customer service and sharing information with customers in the areas of specialty products, recipe content, and meal solutions.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Immediately greets all customers; demonstrates genuine enthusiasm and sincerity; customizes approach to meet customer needs and build rapport. Works to create customer loyalty through individualized service.
- Anticipates customer needs and questions related to products; works actively to remain knowledgeable and current in areas of responsibility, including product knowledge (e.g., product tasting, cutting-edge trends, product use research, and vocabulary development). Effectively follows through with customers, including item requests, questions, and concerns.
- Actively seeks out product knowledge and adheres to approved product sampling methods and expectations; presents product knowledge in a positive, appealing manner that promotes increased sales and best serves the customer.
- Effectively shifts-gears to meet customer needs; moves with ease from greeting to providing product information, up-selling, closing the sale, thanking customers and inviting them back.
- Effectively assesses customers’ needs and appropriately suggests products. Offers customers opportunities to interact with products.
- Adheres to all food safety and sanitation requirements. Consistently demonstrates knowledge of HACCP and Department of Health provisions.
- Completes daily projects and activities as assigned or needed; ensures daily tasks and assignments are accomplished correctly and in a timely manner.
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service customers.
- Assists with quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Prepared Foods Department management.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum one year food service experience strongly preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of one year of customer service experience.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines a must. Sense of urgency required. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
- Possesses knowledge of food safety and HACCP/Department of Health guidelines, and inventory/portion control.
- Successful experience with food merchandising and display preferred.
- Possesses adequate product information with a proven history of using knowledge to best service customers. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge and understanding of food, including ingredients, applications, pronunciations and culinary skills. Possesses a genuine passion for food.
- Proven success as a team member; demonstrated ability to work well with diverse groups of people.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills required.
- Demonstrates an interest in learning; possesses a strong interest in food and related products.
- Proven ability to interact and perform all job responsibilities with professionalism and confidentiality essential.
- Proven ability to meet attendance requirements, dependable.
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive pay
• 20% team member discount
• Medical, dental, vision insurance (very low cost to team members)
• Health savings accounts (subject to qualified medical plans)
• Flexible spending arrangements (subject to qualified medical plans)
• Company-funded disability and life insurance
• Employee Assistance Program available to all team members
• Retirement plans available to all team members
• Paid vacation, personal, and holiday time off
• Sick/safe leave provided consistent with local and state requirements
• Reduced cost ORCA Card program for King County team members
• Education support
• Career development opportunities
The specific programs and options available to any given team member are dependent upon eligibility factors such as position, date of hire, work location, and terms of applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes), national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.