We’re looking for motivated, engaged people to help make everyone’s journeys better.
A Porter is responsible for cleaning work areas, floors, walls, equipment, in and around dish room, coolers, utility area, the locker rooms/restrooms, office space area, and all transportation areas both inside and outside of the facility.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sweeps, mops, vacuums and other cleaning tasks, as required.
- Empties trash within the building.
- Maintains sanitation in compliance with sanitation standards and corporate requirement
- Follows directions.
- Works as a member of a team.
- Additional duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Up to one-year experience preferred
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Not applicable
Language / Communication Skills:
- Must be able to read and write to complete required forms
- Communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers
Requirements of the Job:
- Work assigned schedule which may vary and could include weekends and holidays
- Works overtime when required
- Arrives to work on-time
- Must comply with company policies
- Completes paperwork and related administrative duties
- Handles pork, poultry, meat and fish products
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
- Works with chemicals and industrial cleaning materials
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to fifty (50) pounds frequently during shift
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
Demonstrated Values to be Successful in the Position
Employees at Gategroup are expected to live our Values of Excellence, Integrity, Passion and Accountability. To demonstrate these Values, we expect to observe the following from everyone:
- We treat each other with respect and we act with integrity
- We communicate and keep each other informed
- We put our heads together to problem solve and deliver excellence as a team
- We have passion for our work and we pay attention to the little details
- We foster an environment of accountability, take responsibility for our actions and learn from our mistakes
- We do what we say we will do, when we say we are going to do it
- We care about our coworkers, always taking an opportunity to make someone’s day better