WHO WE ARE
T&C is a family-owned company that builds authentic relationships one interaction at a time through consistent commitment to heartfelt service, relating to people as people (not numbers) and by selling the freshest, highest-quality products available. We have a deep passion for food and people and are always looking for service-minded individuals of all backgrounds to join our community.
WHO YOU ARE
You are genuine and authentic in your interactions both with your customers and co-workers. You thrive in a team environment, take your responsibilities seriously, and always consider the customer in your decisions. You see richness and strength in a diverse workforce and treat others with respect to create a place of belonging for all. You care about your community and the environment. Pursuing knowledge in order to add value and grow is your idea of fun. Oh, and you love food!
WHAT WE OFFER (IN ADDITION TO BEING A FUN PLACE TO WORK)
We have a highly competitive benefits package ($5-$19 weekly medical premiums), vacation/sick time, paid holidays, premium pay rates, an Employee Assistance Program, a discount on virtually everything in our markets, 401(k) plans, profit-sharing and a pension, scholarship program and an employee referral bonus program. Whoa! That’s a lot of great stuff!
THE SMALL PRINT WE WANT YOU TO BE AWARE OF
T&C is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workplace and do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. We invite women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can thrive in this role, we’d love to learn more about you. Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
A TYPICAL DAY WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING . . .
- Manages the front-end operation and perimeter departments, including restaurant, in the absence of the front-end manager or higher authority
- Demonstrates and promotes attitude of hospitality to co-workers, guests, market support staff, and vendor community
- Handles any guest service or emergency situation that is needed
- Efficiently and accurately runs check stand area and is responsible for daily sales transactions
- Approves guest transactions when necessary
- Reconciles safe deposits
- Opens and closes front-end and restaurant department and runs necessary reports
- Trains new front-end employees when necessary
- Monitors all front-end and restaurant employees
- Oversees parking lots for safety, cleanliness, and shopping cart collection
- Maintains market in a neat, clean and orderly manner
- Keeps up on industry trends, standards and changes
- Ensures the dissemination and adherence to all company and department policies
- Maintains adherence to sustainability programs and all security and safety policies
- Provides and role models attitude of service to staff and customers
- Operates within the Company’s Core Values, Company Brand, and Business Principles
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF . . .
- Must be 21 years or older
- Grocery checking experience preferred
- Cash handling experience required
- Exemplifies health department and proper food handling standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess a strong desire to work hard, be enthusiastic, and exude a positive attitude
- Excellent customer service and strong people skills
- Must have intermediate or higher computer skills
- Must be a team player, a leader, and a positive role model
- Must be accurate, very detail-oriented and display excellent work ethic
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a diverse group of customers, employees, and leadership
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication
- Ability to take direction and carry out department tasks and assignments
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Flexibility to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Possess full body mobility (bending, stooping, twisting and reaching) and have excellent manual dexterity
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner