|On Site Staff
The 506 Apartments
506 10th Ave E Seattle WA 98122
DATE POSTED: 10/10/2023
REPORTS TO: Area Manager
HOURS: Full time, 40 hours a week plus some on call
PAY RANGE: $19.41-$19.95 per hour, DOE
ACCOMMODATION: Rental rate of $50 per month plus utilities for a studio apartment with a private patio (Does not need to income qualify). Must live on site.
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance, long term disability insurance and sick leave are available to employees. Employees accrue 116 hours of vacation during the first year and receive 11 paid holidays. (Prorated for part-time employees).
POSITION: Non-exempt. This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
- Perform and schedule routine maintenance and janitorial of common areas, grounds maintenance, garbage removal, weeding, replacing locks and light bulbs, performing minor carpentry and painting.
- Respond to emergencies on site, being on-call with pager and performing nightly grounds checks.
- Respond to residents’ concerns and questions regarding the building.
- Inspect the building’s interior and exterior regularly. Inspect units annually; at time of turnover or as directed.
- Maintain an inventory of basic maintenance supplies.
- Prepare vacant units including light maintenance, cleaning, and coordinating with vendors for re-rental in a timely manner.
- Reside at the site in a designated apartment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years building maintenance experience.
- General facility maintenance knowledge.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working in a diverse environment.
- Great written and communication skills.
- Willing to make a one-year commitment.
- Must pass background check and drug screening test.
The Low Income Housing Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified members of historically marginalized and underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply. LIHI participates in the e-verify system.