Job Summary: As part of our Meat Department, this position is primarily responsible for sales generation, merchandising, and food preparation. The Meat Service Counter Clerk contributes to the Company’s success through the achievement of our customer service and operating standards.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains high-quality standards in product management and presentation.
- Effectively performs meat preparation responsibilities; minimizes shrink while producing products attractive to customers.
- Participates in executing Meat Department merchandising and displays.
- Readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
- Adheres to food temperature requirements, including hot and cold holding specifications. Promptly discards any products that do not meet HACCP and Department of Health standards, or appear less than presentable under Metropolitan Market’s quality expectations.
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales, meet revenue goals, and best service customers.
- Participates in quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Meat Manager and/or Store Director team.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum one-year food service or related experience required.
- Proven success as a team member.
- Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
- Possesses creative merchandising and display skills.
- Possesses comprehensive product information with a willingness to use knowledge to best service customers.
- Possesses a genuine interest and enthusiasm for fine food.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Superior communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- 20% team member discount
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (very low cost to team members)
- Health savings accounts (subject to qualified medical plans)
- Flexible spending arrangements (subject to qualified medical plans)
- Company-funded disability and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program available to all team members
- Retirement plans available to all team members
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Sick/safe leave provided consistent with local and state requirements
- Reduced cost ORCA Card program for King County team members
- Education support
- Career development opportunities
The specific programs and options available to any given team member are dependent upon eligibility factors such as position, date of hire, work location, and terms of applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes), national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.