Under the direction and guidance of the Meat and Seafood Manager, the Meat Cutter Clerk will delight and create a phenomenal shopping experience for Central Co-op customers. by ordering, receiving, stocking, cutting/grinding, prepping, preparing and slicing to order meat and seafood product for both service and self-service cases. The position will maintain stock, rotate, face and ensure cleanliness of the walk-in cooler/freezer, sales shelves/cases, and prep areas and machinery.
- Cleans and stocks meat and seafood cases according to procedure, utilizing proper signage.
- Fillets seafood products and stocks seafood case according to procedures.
- Maintains working knowledge of meat and seafood products.
- Receives product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy.
- Stocks, rotates, merchandises and faces product, in both seafood and retail cases according to department procedure.
- Maintains back-stock areas according to department standards.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment and surfaces according to department procedure.
- Catalogs and codes invoices as needed according to procedure.
- Assists with training of new employees as needed.
- Obtains and maintains WA State Food Workers Card and King County Meat Cutter’s License.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Required Essential Skills and Experience
- WA State Food Handler’s Permit and King County Meat Cutters License.
- Ability and desire to provided excellence in customer service.
- Knowledge of meat and seafood products and how to best cook and prepare them.
- Ability to accurately, efficiently, and safety prepare fresh meat and seafood products.
- Ability to read, understands, and applies various documents such as department manuals, standard operating procedures, employee handbook, and etc.
- Proven ability to accurately, efficiently, and safely prepare fresh product. Including proper knife handling with the ability to cut seafood appropriately.
- Proven ability to effectively listen and communicate with customers and co-workers or diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks and maintain focus in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to take direction for management, work as a team member , as well as work independently to meet expectations. Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous customer service experience and preferably in a food service setting.
- Previous meat and/or seafood department experience.
- Dual/multiple language skills.
- Interest in nature foods and/or cooperatives.
- Evening and weekend availability.
- Required frequently: standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, reaching, working in cold to freezing and wet environments, lifting up to 50 lbs, required to wash hands regularly and wear disposable gloves, repetitive wrist movements and fine hand manipulation (knife handling), handle meat and seafood and other animal products, and frequent use of cleaning/sanitizing chemicals (such as bleach).