Meat Cutter’s main responsibilities are:
- Prepare traditional and specialty cuts of meat products.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Provide them with information on special cuts of meat, recipes and menu suggestions, portion recommendation and cooking techniques.
- Ensure proper quantities of items are received against invoice/packing slip and/or order sheet, and rotate stock in the cooler.
- Follow meat departments and safety precautions and procedures to ensure a safe work place environment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years meat cutting experience required.
- Apprentice Certification (WA employees)
- Knowledge of the use of meat cutting equipment, i.e. slicer, saw, grinder etc.
- Excellent customer service.
- Basic math skills
- Flexible schedule and ability to multi-tasks and prioritize.
- Must be able to frequently lift up 35-50 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.