The Cook will be responsible for the preparation and execution of items on the Six|Seven lounge menu, as well as seasonal seafood and meats according to recipes.
Key responsibilities include grill, broil, sauté, soups, salads, vinaigrette. Must have ability to maintain standards of plating and flavor profiles, while fulfilling ticket time objectives.
A day in the life…..
- Comprehensive knife skills.
- Cold & hot line knowledge to include classic knife cuts, multiple cooking techniques (grill, sauté, boil, steam, braise, saucier).
- Follow direction from supervisors and assimilate critique as part of daily growth.
- Focus on teamwork and constant and regular communication with fellow associates and supervisors.
- Follow daily checklist and report any issues or challenges to management team.
- Safe food handling and sanitation are paramount.
- Experience in high volume, upscale, from-scratch kitchen is highly desired.
- Positive & team-oriented attitude a must.
You own this if you…..
- Work well on a team with a passion for learning
- Are experienced in a fine dining atmosphere and high volume kitchen
- You know safety and sanitation rules
- You have strong knife skills
- Are a plus if you have a culinary degree
Rate of pay: $24.06 + sign-on bonus of $375, and another $375 bonus after 90 days!
Availability Needed: Daytime 9am-5pm, Flexibility needed (weekend availability a must)
We’ve got you covered….
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. The Edgewater Hotel is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Inexpensive Health Benefits Package–Medical/Dental/Vision (most positions qualify for individual and family coverage at only $50/month)
- Retirement plan–100% Employer Paid
- Paid days off–holidays/personal/vacation/sick
- Valet Parking–$4 per day
- Free Uniform with complimentary dry cleaning
- Paid breaks with complimentary meal
- Bus Pass Reimbursement Program–50% of bus and ferry transportation reimbursed, up to $75 a month
- Associate/Family/Friend home and restaurant discounts within Noble House Hotels & Resorts (nationwide)
- Recognition Programs, such as gift cards and all-inclusive trips
- Career growth opportunities
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job