The pay rate or range for this position is: $23.50
Flagship Culinary Services is seeking an experienced Line Cook to support the employee cafes for our Client, the largest social media company in the world!
ur cafes are fast-paced, welcoming and put collaboration and learning at the forefront. No two days are the same and our Line Cooks enjoy a work/life balance with a set schedule, weekends off and on-the-job-training for growing your career in the culinary field.
Job Perks and Benefits
- Monday-Friday schedule, with weekends off
- 11 paid holidays
- Full medical, vision and dental coverage
- Competitive pay
- On-the-job training to move to a management position
- Free meals and snacks during your shift
- Customer Service: provide the best customer service in a courteous, fast and efficient manner. Accommodate all requests and special needs for guests and Clients
- Cook: follow recipe guidelines to cook and produce food for breakfast, lunch, dinner and/or catered events
- Quality Check: ensure consistent quality on all prepared items; taste food to ensure flavor, freshness and quality
- Maintain: maintain the line during service hours, ensuring batches of food are being served at ideal temperature and that proper quantities are continually available
- Cleanliness/Organization: maintain a clean and organized workstation; maintain kitchen equipment and follow proper rotation and storage of food and ingredients
- Safety: follow all safety and sanitation procedures within set guidelines from OSHA, HACCP and Department of Public Health and Risk Management – and ensure your team is following guidelines as well
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent culinary skills and experience with high volume production and large batch cooking
- Utilization of kitchen tools and equipment in a fast, efficient and safe manner
- Ability to follow all company policies in areas of attendance, safety, sanitation and safe food handling
- Basic problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Minimum 2 years of Line Cook experience
- High school diploma or GED; culinary degree preferred but not required
- Line Cooks must have and maintain an active Food Handlers Card, as required by the California Health Department
Flagship Culinary Services is dedicated to helping companies provide high quality dining experiences for their employees and visitors. Our talented teams help deliver delicious and nutritious food, made from scratch, with a strong emphasis on local and organically grown ingredients. We support many different types of food service setups, from full-service cafés to customized food concepts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Authorized to work in the U.S.