MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY:
A. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Previous cleaning or custodial experience preferred.
2. Must be 18 years of age or older.
3. Must have reliable telephone and transportation.
4. Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
B. PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
With or without reasonable accommodation, the position requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
1. Treat all information as confidential.
2. Possess the tact to deal with all levels of employees and client representatives.
3. Must be able to sit, stand, lift, and/or bend throughout shift and climb stairs.
4. Must be able to lift, carry, and/or hold up to 50 lbs.
5. Must pass pre-employment and random drug test.
6. Must pass a pre-employment background check.
7. Must be able to read, write, understand and carry out instructions in English.
8. Must be able to verbally direct in English.
9. Must be a citizen of the United States or possess the necessary authorization from the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS).
10. Must have good hearing and vision.
11. May be required to work weekends, overnight shifts and holidays.
12. May be exposed to occasional loud noise levels.
1. Thorough cleaning of assigned location, including as directed by company and/or client specifications and procedures to include but not limited to the following: vacuum, dust, clean restrooms, add supplies, clean out garbage, clean windows, scrub, strip and or wax floors on a regular schedule.
2. Thorough cleaning of jet bridges, break rooms, ticket counters, office space and any other customer locations.
3. Leave notice for supervisor to re-order supply items that are running low.
4. Do all reports accurately and in a timely manner.
5. Must be familiar with all FAA/ TSA/Airline/Company regulations.
6. Keep supervisor informed of needs and problems in assigned areas, maintain cleanliness of immediate work area and report maintenance needs.
7. Project a positive image and respond to inquiries from airlines, staff and public in a courteous manner.
8. Attend meetings and in-services as required.
9. Utilize appropriate communications channels and maintain records, reports and files as required.
10. Must be attired in proper uniform or business attire as directed by company officials and identification badges must always be visible.
11. Adhere to company policies and procedures and participate in achievement of company objectives.
12. Utilize company and client equipment, supplies and resources in a conscientious, cost effective manner.
13. Perform other duties as requested.
14. Comply with all safety requirements to include only using equipment that you have been trained on, immediately reporting unsafe conditions and workplace injuries, wearing proper PPE, and attending required safety training.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity. All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions. Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein. In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions. All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.