Why you will choose us:
Albertson’s Companies Inc. has always been a people-oriented business, and thoughtful people practices remain a core element of our company’s philosophy. As friendly, enthusiastic people who enjoy offering customers an exceptional shopping experience, we provide world-class customer service each and every day.
We also provide a variety of benefits including:
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible work schedules
- Associate discounts
- Leaders invested in your training, career growth & development
- Health and welfare benefits for eligible employees (Medical, Dental, 401k and more!)
- Vacation / Paid Time Off
What you bring to the table:
- You take pride in the work you do, whether big or small
- You enjoy a team-based, fast-paced environment
- You agree that food is central to all our lives
- You are flexible to work in varying departments as needed
- Helping customers and fellow associates gives you energy
- Smiling and making others smile is your favorite
- You are eager & willing to learn
- Being a part of your community matters
A Day in the Life:
As the In-Store Shopper you will have the opportunity to be the best and select “the best of the best” for our online shoppers. To be successful in the position, you must take pride in your work, care about what is selected for our customers, and be quick on your feet to determine substitute products, if need be. The In-Store Shopper not only helps our online customers but those in our store as well. Through every interaction you approach it with a smile and positive attitude. You’ll gain additional experiences through other departments too – when the online orders are slow, you’ll get to spend time helping in other areas – talk about learning & growth opportunities!
The pay range is $15.84 to $21.15 per hour, but no less than the local minimum wage. Starting rates will vary based on things like location, experience, qualifications and the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreement. Dependent on length of service, hours worked and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, sick pay (accrued based on hours worked), PTO/Vacation pay (accrued based on hours worked), paid holidays (between 7-9 days annually), bereavement pay, and retirement benefits (pension and/or 401k eligibility).
Our Cultural Principals
- Teamwork: “We always support and recognize each other”
- Learning: “We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others”
- Ownership: “We always take actions to drive our success
- Competition: “We always act with integrity to win over the customer”
- Inclusivity: “We always value everyone’s perspective”
- Compassion: “We always treat each other and our customers with kindness and respect”
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. We have a new vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength with deep local roots, that offers an easy, fun, friendly, and inspiring experience, no matter how a customer chooses to shop with us. We want talented individuals to be a part of this journey!
The organization includes 2,230 stores, 23 distribution facilities, and 20 manufacturing plants with over 300,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is publicly owned with supermarkets across the country that includes Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, ACME, Shaw’s, Tom Thumb, United Supermarkets, United Express, Randalls, Albertson’s Market, Pavilions, Star Markets, Market Street, Carrs, Haggen, Lucky, Amigos, Andronico’s Community Markets, King’s, Balducci’s, and Albertson’s Market Street.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job and are not the official job description for the position. All employees must comply with Company, Division, and Store policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties, and skills of personnel may vary within store and/or from store to store and the official job description will be provided during the application process.
ALBERTSONS SAFEWAY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at 1-888-255-2269.