We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Pacific Northwest is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility.
Located at Seattle Center in the heart of Seattle’s Uptown Neighborhood, the new venue offers a truly unique and intimate experience for the newest NHL franchise, the Seattle Kraken, WNBA’s Seattle Storm, concerts and other entertainment events, while preserving the historic nature of Seattle Center and its surroundings. This project is a completely new arena beneath its existing historic-landmark roof. Climate Pledge Arena opened October 22, 2021.
Position Summary: Ice Crew is responsible for supporting ice operations staff, to ensure that all NHL Seattle Kraken home games and ice events runs smoothly and to prepare for ice events hosted at Climate Pledge Arena.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work synergistically alongside the ice operations manager and conversion manager to ensure all
jobs are completed on-time
• Participate in all aspects of the preparation for Ice events.
• Duties include but are not limited to, prepping and organizing game day tools, cleaning hockey
shielding, maintain dasher boards, cleaning and prepping game nets, prepping and maintaining
• Experienced in Ice painting and installing in-ice logos
• Maintain, manage, and clean applicable storage areas
• Ensure a safe environment for all staff and Guests
• Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage, and loss of property and safety concerns
Required Experience & Qualifications:
• Must be 18 years old or older.
• Proven ability to work as a team and work well with others
• Knowledge of the process of logo install and removal with regards to paint or textile
• Knowledge to be able to go from Concrete to Ice Sheet
• Knowledge of assembly and maintenance practices for hockey, Ice making equipment, including
basic ice re-surfacer maintenance
• Minimum of 5 years Ice rink experience; and 3 years driving ice re-surfacer experience preferred
• Experience using power tools, forklifts, lifts, and other construction-related equipment
• Ability to understand event memos, event details
• Ability to understand both verbal and written instructions from supervisors and management
• Must be able to climb, crawl, kneel, squat, bend and extend arms and legs fully
• Stays in compliance with all NHL game operations standards (Promotions, etc.)
• Most feel comfortable working and walking on Ice sheet, ability to Ice skate is preferred.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
• Previous experience with a 5000+ seat venue, NHL game, and Practice experience preferred
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
• Frequent bending, lifting 75 pounds
• The physical demand of this role includes stooping, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, and
• High noise level, heavy crowd traffic, variable temperatures, bright or dark lighting with
occasional exposure to flashing lights and pyrotechnics
• Extensive walking throughout the building
• Be able to walk on ice with or without Ice Safety Spikes and or Ice skate
• Cold, Wet, Humid Conditions (Non-weather up to 66% of the time)
- In accordance with the Washington State Equal Pay and Opportunity Act, and with Climate Pledge Arena’s collective bargaining agreement with LIUNA 242, the expected rate for this position is $26.27/hr.
- This role is non-exempt and eligible for overtime pay
Benefits & Perks:
- Company-wide recognition program
- Company-paid Orca transit card
- Complementary parking
- Employee meal perks
This role is represented by LIUNA 242 and union membership is required for this role.
Climate Pledge Arena requires all employees to be fully-vaccinated from COVID-19, with limited exceptions as required by law. Proof of Vaccination will be asked at the start of employment.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Hiring:
Climate Pledge Arena aspires to write a new playbook in sports and entertainment that includes everyone. In alignment with this vision, if you don’t meet every job requirement listed—or if you haven’t worked in the industry or are still learning about the industry—we still encourage you to apply. We understand you may bring other relevant experiences and expertise to help us become the highest performance organization we can be. One of our core values is ‘Make Us Better’ and we recognize diversity, equity and inclusion as a critical business strategy.
If you’d like to request an accommodation in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing: email@example.com.
Seattle Hockey Partners, LLC and Seattle Arena Company, LLC are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.