The hotel is conveniently located next to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. The Link Light Rail station is two blocks from our door and gets you to downtown attractions like Pike Place Market, The Space Needle, and Lumen Field within 25 minutes. The hotel offers 850 guest rooms and over 34,000 square feet of meeting space.
- Classification: Full Time
- Shifts: Full Availability, must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays
The ideal candidate should have experience with operating floor machines such as but not limited to floor buffer, shampoo carpet machine and steam machine.
What will I be doing?
As a Special Project Houseperson, you would be responsible for cleaning and maintaining designated areas of the hotel and responding to guest requests in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Clean designated areas including, but not limited to, restrooms, public areas, offices and banquet/meeting/conference rooms
- Perform tasks including, but not limited to, dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, shampooing carpets, washing windows, cleaning/waxing floors, removing and disposing of trash and emptying ashtrays
- Greet guests in a friendly manner
- Report maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair
- Stock and maintain supply rooms, as needed
- Perform deep cleaning tasks and special projects (for example: mattress flipping, furniture moves, etc.), as needed
- Deliver guest requests and assist in cleaning guest rooms, as needed
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The hourly rate is $21.49 and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location.
The Benefits – Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance Coverage – for you and your family
- Vision, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Sick Pay – 1 hour earned for every 40 hours worked
- Vacation – 40 hours awarded after first year of employment
- Go Hilton travel discount program: 100 nights of discounted travel per calendar year
- 401(k) plan
- Pension plan – Hilton contributes $1.29 per hour you work
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Complimentary Duty Meals served in our Team Member Restaurant
- Employee Assistant Program
- Debt-free education: Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs