Job Summary: As a leader of our Health & Home Department, this position is responsible for product management, safety, quality control, merchandising, sales generation, gross margins, labor and general expense control, personnel development, customer service, and profitability within the department. Readily shares information and product selection advice with customers.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service customers.
- Plans and maintains high-quality standards in product management, merchandising displays and presentations.
- Ensures effective ordering of all required products for the Health & Home Department; maintains product inventory at a level that promotes effective sales merchandising and maximizes sales potential.
- Establishes sales, gross profit, labor and supply budgets for the Health & Home Department.
- Participates in determining order quantities and verifying cost of goods.
- Readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
- Ensures all cross-merchandising displays are maintained in an acceptable manner.
- Leads by example, provides team members with clear expectations and timely feedback; effectively delegates and follows-up with team members.
- Trains employees and provides performance feedback, coaching and counseling.
- Trains all Health & Home Department team members on customer service expectations and techniques; ensures customer service expectations are consistently achieved on a department-wide basis.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Ensures price point signage is posted for all products; Orders signage as required.
- Maintains pricing to achieve budgeted gross profit goals.
- Conducts quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Successfully performs all duties of a Health & Home Clerk.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the Store Director and Assistant Store Director.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum two years of retail experience required.
- Minimum one year of supervisory experience required.
- Minimum two years of health and/or nutrition industry related experience preferred.
- Possesses effective merchandising and display skills.
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
- Strong leadership skills; proven success as a team leader. Ability to effectively delegate and follow-through.
- Possesses strong knowledge of gross profit, inventory control, and labor percentages; proven experience working with each.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation and manage expenses, including labor.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills required; effective written communication skills necessary.
- Possesses comprehensive product knowledge with a proven history of using knowledge to train team members and best service customers.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to meet attendance requirements, dependable.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- 20% team member discount
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (very low cost to team members)
- Health savings accounts (subject to qualified medical plans)
- Flexible spending arrangements (subject to qualified medical plans)
- Company-funded disability and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program available to all team members
- Retirement plans available to all team members
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Sick/safe leave provided consistent with local and state requirements
- Reduced cost ORCA Card program for King County team members
- Education support
- Career development opportunities
The specific programs and options available to any given team member are dependent upon eligibility factors such as position, date of hire, work location, and terms of applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes), national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.