Job Summary: As part of our Health & Home Department, this position provides customers with outstanding service, communicates product information, makes thoughtful recommendations, and helps with the maintenance and display of products within the department.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals.
- Prices and stocks merchandise according to guidelines.
- Communicates with Health & Home Team Leader regarding product ordering and stock levels.
- Maintains high-quality standards in product management and presentation.
- Assists in quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Rotates backstock to sales floor.
- Performs light housekeeping duties within the department.
- Participates in physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Prevents internal and external loss; follows cash handling procedures.
- Assists with merchandising and displays.
- Orders signage.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Health & Home Team Leader and/or Store Director team.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- 20% team member discount
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (very low cost to team members)
- Health savings accounts (subject to qualified medical plans)
- Flexible spending arrangements (subject to qualified medical plans)
- Company-funded disability and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program available to all team members
- Retirement plans available to all team members
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Sick/safe leave provided consistent with local and state requirements
- Reduced cost ORCA Card program for King County team members
- Education support
- Career development opportunities
The specific programs and options available to any given team member are dependent upon eligibility factors such as position, date of hire, work location, and terms of applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes), national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law