Job Summary: As leader of our front-end operations, this position is responsible for customer service; cash handling, store operations, and personnel development.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains high-quality standards in customer service, cash handling and store operations; ensures efficient operations and effective coordination of front-end activities.
- Oversees store operations and ensures standards are maintained in absence of the Store Director team.
- Ensures health, safety and sanitation guidelines are followed while working with all products.
- Effectively maintains and coordinates front-end staffing to best service customers; tracks attendance and takes action as needed.
- Ensures effective communication between the front-end and other departments.
- Oversees cash handling procedures; transfers money to cash tills; pulls tills at shift end; ensures accuracy of the safe.
- Leads and readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service customers.
- Leads by example, and provides employees with clear expectations and timely feedback.
- Trains employees and provides performance feedback, coaching and counseling.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Successfully performs all duties of a Journeyman Checker.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Director team.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum two years supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum one year Checker experience required; excellent checking skills necessary; superior customer service skills essential.
- Comprehensive knowledge of grocery store operations a must.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment. Effectively assesses situations and information, takes appropriate action.
- Proven success as a team leader and member.
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
- Possesses comprehensive product information with a proven history of using knowledge to train employees and best service customers.
- Proven history of personnel development.
- Ability to effectively delegate and follow-through.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Superior communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- 20% team member discount
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (very low cost to team members)
- Health savings accounts (subject to qualified medical plans)
- Flexible spending arrangements (subject to qualified medical plans)
- Company-funded disability and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program available to all team members
- Retirement plans available to all team members
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Sick/safe leave provided consistent with local and state requirements
- Reduced cost ORCA Card program for King County team members
- Education support
- Career development opportunities
The specific programs and options available to any given team member are dependent upon eligibility factors such as position, date of hire, work location, and terms of applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes), national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.